Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a NAV unit and installed it. Works great. I also bought a GMX550 LockPick, not so great. It is not compatible with the Bose sound system and iPod interface only works with select iPods and iPhones.

I want to ditch t LockPick but replace it with something or things that will:
1 - Project iPod video on the NAV unit
2 - Provide an iPod interface on screen
3 - Unlock DVD and NAV in motion.

I have a lot of videos on my old iPod that if like to see on screen but it looks like the LockPick is the only thing out there that can make that happen.

Any alternatives?

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
Isimple isgm 651 all the way. Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth audio, usb and 3.5mm plus a aux port for more. Steering wheel even controls spotify and pandora. Nav TV barracuda for unlock. I had them all and I went crazy until I found this.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
Isimple isgm 651 all the way. Bluetooth phone, Bluetooth audio, usb and 3.5mm plus a aux port for more. Steering wheel even controls spotify and pandora. Nav TV barracuda for unlock. I had them all and I went crazy until I found this.
I know you're a pretty respected guy on here in terms of what I've seen you post in tech threads but I think you misread what he was after :) Nav unlock and video input, the isimple 651 doesn't do that...

AFAIK the PAC GM29 unit is the only alternative to the lockpick but I could be wrong

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
well what you'll need is an RCA video input (the PAC and lockpick units do this) and then an ipod cable that provides an RCA video and audio out.

My understanding though is that there is an inherent issue in the technology of the NAV units in terms of how they provide the lock. They rely on a speed signal that from what I understand the PAC and lockpick intercept and relay as constant but then when the nav gets that signal as the car isn't moving but the GPS is providing different data it glitches. So I can't say with 100% certainty if the PAC is more reliable than the lockpick. Your best bet is always aftermarket nav if you want reliability while driving however you get stuck with the issue of it actually blending well with the interior!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts