Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2008 CTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 CTS recently developed an annoying issue where the Drivers Door will not unlock with the key fob anymore, it only unlocks if you manually insert the key into the door. It was isolated to that door for a little while but has now spread to every other door besides the front passengers door. I also noticed that the lock/unlock keypad in the car does not work anymore either. Another thing I noticed is that my trunk won't open with the key fob or physical button on the door panel right now either. I have checked all related fuses and reconnected my key fob to see if those were the issues but unfortunately those are all operational and in working order.

If this is a restart of another post I apologize but I haven't been able to find anything conclusive yet so any information would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
437 Posts
Suggest checking the wires that flex every time you open or close the trunk. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
555 Posts
Have you owned this car a long time? Do you have keyless ignition?

·
2008 CTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suggest checking the wires that flex every time you open or close the trunk. Good Luck.
We popped off the trunk lid liner and pulled off some of the liner in the trunk to inspect the wires we could see and there didn't seem to be any issues with the wires but we will check again.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
437 Posts
Removing the liner may make it easier but focus on the flattened bundle that bridges the gap between the trunk lid and the body of the car. Good luck

·
Registered
555 Posts
And now the obvious question - have you put a fresh battery in your fob?

·
2008 CTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fob is pretty new as I got it within the last year. I can certainly try and replace the battery in the fob but the other doors unlock and lock intermittently now when the fob is used. So I'm not sure it's a key fob battery issue.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
898 Posts
Change the battery

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe I just like testers but have one of these. Life is use dependent, if sit on a lot the battery may not last long. Generally my (mostly 2032) batteries last several years.
How is it that I didn't know that these existed and now I need one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts