Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V :: K&N CAI | MAMO FAST 102 | KOOKS HEADERS
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get rid of the honks when you unlock the car? It's kind of annoying.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
Yes, it is one of the personalization options. You can set it, plus many others, from the navigation radio. Press the "menu" button and go from there.

·
Registered
Silver 04V Kooks,Corsa,UUC S.Shifter/Bushings, Badass Driver
171 Posts
When I bought my car I ran into the same problem. When I used key fob #1 it honked, when I used #2 it didn't. Not sure if this might help but give it a shot.

·
Registered
'06 CTS-V
728 Posts
When I bought my car I ran into the same problem. When I used key fob #1 it honked, when I used #2 it didn't. Not sure if this might help but give it a shot.
That's because each driver (1 or 2) has their own personalization settings. It's just coincidence that it was set up that way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
side note: once you set it up on "#1" , just hit driver preference button on the side door button near the outside mirror controls (left/right) that will swap to "#2 " and repeat the same steps with the NAV system while it is still fresh in mind.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Owners manual?
Too lazy. Well, that and I happened to be on the forum. :hide:

Omg.....:wtf::lock:
Um...that's what the boards are for...ask stupid questions, right? :hmm:

Oddly enough, I looked through the personalization settings. The honk option was only available for the LOCK, not the UNLOCK. DOH!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, wait. So I rub spam on the FOB and that fixes it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts