Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2009 CTS sprang a major leak in a rubber cap plug located on the top right inside of the radiator. It was easy to fix but I can't find the second cap. It must be ready to fail. Anybody willing to share the location of the second cap would be much appreciated.
Luckily, my wife pays attention to things like the temp gauge. :)

·
Super Moderator 2005 CTS-V
7,742 Posts
What rubber cap are you referring to (I've never heard of a rubber cap on a radiator), and why do you think there's a second that's about to fail? :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a picture and even though I set the camera file size at small, it's too big for this site. I don't know how to make it smaller.
Anyway, the plug is a 3/4" rubber cap that fits over a 3/4" tube. I think there must be another one because it must either be an inlet or an outlet-I can't imagine openings in a radiator not coming in pairs.
Good call on an after market radiator. I know this car took a hit on the front before bought it.
Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,607 Posts
Download the picture to a computer picture file folder. Open it using something like Windows Paint, resize it to less than 800 X 800. Use this site Advanced, Manage Attachments window, upload the picture.

Please update your profile to show car(s) driven, approximate location, time zone, other info. It sure makes advice and diagnosis easier when the members can see at a glance what they're working on.

Which engine, cooling system, which radiator ?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/cadillac,2009,cts,3.6l+v6,1442758,cooling+system,radiator,2172

1 - 7 of 7 Posts