Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 545 RWHP 591 TQ
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would share this video. V&P is a local shop here in Kansas City and he just finished a CTS-V coupe twin turbo, and it retains the factory blower.

Anyways, I just figured you all would like to see some other options to make high hp for these cars (made 731 RWHP). Enjoy the video

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Simple is good. Having a blower & turbo's sounds really cool but would seem like a maintenance / troubleshooting nightmare

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V manual
448 Posts
retains the factory blower? so its a TT SC V8? guess i thought when they made the Vs TT that the turbos was replacing the blower.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
392 Posts
REALLY doubt that they are running twin turbos with the factory supercharger still functional, that doesn't add up.

Joe

·
Registered
2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)
283 Posts
I just thought I would share this video. V&P is a local shop here in Kansas City and he just finished a CTS-V coupe twin turbo, and it retains the factory blower.

Anyways, I just figured you all would like to see some other options to make high hp for these cars (made 731 RWHP). Enjoy the video

"Forcing air" on top of "forced air"???

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,216 Posts
That's standard on modded Fort GTs, i don't see why it doesn't add up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
REALLY doubt that they are running twin turbos with the factory supercharger still functional, that doesn't add up.

Joe
It is running both, it's called compound boost. You eliminate the turbo lag so the tq down low is crazy, yet you get the top end benifit from the turbos. I've seen it on other cars (Ford GT, GT 500, etc.).

It is a crazy concept though. I'm curious to see how durable/reliable it will be.

·
Banned
cts-v
11 Posts
there is a guy here in town with a new saleen tt sc slaters did it...i've seen it done before.... i just think its over kill

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
392 Posts
I have seen it done, and am familiar with turbos feeding superchargers, even in multiple stages. What I was trying to get across was that they've put twin turbos in...ok great...but if they were large enough to HAVE lag (and thus "need" the orig blower) the car should be making CRAZY power, and if they are small enough to not lag (which would account for the low power), then it doesn't seem like they would "need" the orig. blower.

Unless it's just for the novelty of it...?

Joe

·
Premium Member
1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe
806 Posts
"Forcing air" on top of "forced air"???
Hell Yes!!! One of the first Toyota MR2's was Super Charged and Turbo Charged - from the factory. :sneaky:
Each is designed to work over low RPM vs high RPM power ranges. Excellent concept. The Turbo's are most effective once engine RPM is high; a purely logical balance of power enhancement. This is an old idea to take advantage of each boost application to maximize power over the entire RPM Range.
Power plant Emergency and Train Engine Diesels use a Super Charger at startup and transfer boost to Twin Turbo Chargers for a very high specific power output to maximize efficiency. Also, quite durable!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Great concept, and great song!
("The Distance" by Cake, from their 1996 album "Fashion Nugget")

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
Very cool, though I am reminded of the quote: 'The more they over think the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain'.

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe
527 Posts
KCMO or KCK?

I'm trying to tint my tails just like that, anyone know how they did it? Everyone around here seems perplexed with the idea..

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
I think this is the shop that did it on a sedan, and then we never heard about it. Glad it worked for them. It's a great idea, but I would have put bigger turbos for more hp. Anyone have any idea on the specifics?

King, you can tint them like that, any guy that can wrap a car can wrap the lights. or you can paint them, which is what I did. If you do not paint them you will have to have one seam on it and if the tinter is good then he can make it very hidden, however it's still easily visible from 2 feet. You can paint like that with a gloss black, or you can matte black them like I did. Any body shop should know how to do it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KCMO or KCK?

I'm trying to tint my tails just like that, anyone know how they did it? Everyone around here seems perplexed with the idea..
If you are in Kansas Jeremy at house of boost in lenexa can tint your tails for you.

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
What do ya'll think of the tail pipes?

I like them even though it does take on the "non" V CTS Coupe look.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
personally I would not do the compound boost, just put a big turbo in with the right specs and forge your engine, you will smoke all the compound boost with just the stock blower :)

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
yes they did one of these on ls1tech as well for a black sedan last year then were trying to sell the kit on ebay

·
Registered
Cadillac
25 Posts
A TT+SC set up will have a slight advantage over a properly sized TT-only setup at the lower part of the rev range. However, this advantage is small for the price you have to "pay" in the higher rpm range where the TT-only's will be MUCH faster. The issue is that the SC draw a LOT of HP at the high end and then you have the added heat of compounded compression. The TT+SC is cool to talk about and the shop doesn't have to worry about greating a plenum to replace the SC. The net net is that for virtually any kind of spirited driving or track time (1/4mile runs may be only exception), a TT-only set-up is simply a superior solution.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts