Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? In my area, it seems there's actually quite a few members. So what about organizing local clubs, or at least organizing local meetings/social outings of our members? Is there any interest? I'm in Newtown, PA and there seems to be at least a few members within a half hour or so of each other here. There was also a comment about the Tampa, FL area.
There IS an upcoming gathering of GM cars at the Englishtown drag strip (Old Bridge Twp. Raceway Park) on Oct. 25 if there's any interest in members from here showing up to race or just hang-out (most just hang-out to be honest). Besides that outing, I'm proposing putting together an informal dinner/drinks kind of thing at a local restaurant. So what does everyone think?

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
EFI? Oh well, the hang out part sounds fun though. Gas is gonna kill me though, at least its cheaper over in Jersey. That and the fact that Old Bridge is in the middle of nowhere. (Mapquest uses a dirt road)

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
For the FL boys

I'm on the opposite side of the state from you Tampa boys, but definately interested in a meet. If we want to do it at a car show, Old-Town in Kissimmee, every friday night they have a car show that's free to enter. If anyone else would be interested, I can get at least 1 more Cadillac (89 Brougham) from my side to go to that.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Good idea Kat. I'm in TN which means I'm in between FL and PA. So which one would I choose during the winter months, what a hard decision that is going to be! :D

Actually, work is pretty heavy right now so making that road trip, even to GA, is going to be difficult anytime soon.

But we should pick an event or two for next year, whether it be GM, Cadillac, vintage, hot rods or what have you, and make it an annual gathering place.

I was going to do the Woodward Cruise this year in Detroit, but I had too much going on to be able to drive there.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Im down with either of the choices about englishtown or for drinks. You are right katshot we wouldn't race, at least i wouldn't, i would just watch. As long as its on a weekend im cool with it

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HRS,
I think there's actually a decent amount of people near you too. I seem to remember at least a couple people saying they were in TN.

Josh,
Yeah, definately on a weekend. Too busy during the week. Also, believe me, racing is only a small part of what most car owners do, and an even SMALLER part of what the average Cadillac owner does. ;) I was just using this previously set date as an excuse to get some members together.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Kevin,
I know what you mean about getting everyone together with that date. I say we start planning on a date and time. Do we want to use that date and go? Who is down? What weekends aren't good, what kind of beer does everyone drink? What kind of BBQ food? Or out to eat?

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
"But we should pick an event or two for next year, whether it be GM, Cadillac, vintage, hot rods or what have you, and make it an annual gathering place."

i like this idea alot , then we could all get to together ...maybe at the vette plant in blowing green or something , id say hammtrack or dallas but those are to far for me , so if we went to green then wed be at a birth place of caddys

as for the kissime idea , im for it , well have to see if the other tampa boys wanna make a road trip , i imagine sandman would be game , then again he hasnt said much regarding a tampa meet

we need a meet/show section of the forums

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Cool idea for you guys. I think I'll have a NM meet right now, everyone here? Head count. 1. Everyone's here, let the meeting begin.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Its right between Wonderland and Oz....... :histeric:

If anyone wants to, we're having a NICO meet in Indianapolis..... I dont think anyone here is from the indiana area.......

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
elwesso said:
Its right between Wonderland and Oz....... :histeric:

If anyone wants to, we're having a NICO meet in Indianapolis..... I dont think anyone here is from the indiana area.......
Its right near King of Prussia off of 422

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
about arnolds. Its great your on this cars that are about 2 inches or less above the ground and you fly around this track. Id say it is about 35mph tops but it feels a lot higher. I know that's were the vette club goes and i go there every once and awhile.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
So Who is planning to go to E-Town Oct. 25 9am to 3pm? I know I am, and so is Kevin...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
DaveSmed said:
So Who is planning to go to E-Town Oct. 25 9am to 3pm? I know I am, and so is Kevin...
How far is e town from where i am. Directions or an area where it is

1 - 20 of 55 Posts