Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2002 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew the rear sub on this 2002 Cadillac deville I have so I put in an LOC and amp n subs. Well everytime I start the car I have to go back and unplug/plug back in the factory connector. Well I read on here that you need a resistor to keep it from doing this crap. Well I put the sub in the factory location and hooked it straight up to the factory wires and it worked everytime. So I spliced in the loc and another sub/amp. It will not work now. WTF?!?! I'm at the end of my patience with this garbage GM crap someone please help.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,659 Posts
You'll probably never receive an answer to your same question in the dead thread in Audio/Video.

What is the trim level of your Deville - base, DHS or DTS ? It makes a difference in the original options for the sound system.

The sound systems in these cars, especially the head units, are part of the vehicle TheftLock, security, and serial data bus systems. Wiring - and how you do it - is critical. Talk to the guys at Crutchfield and use the schematics for your particular sound system (there were 3 for your car). You can find it all in the GM/Cadillac service manuals (eBay or www.helminc.com) or in a subscription to the online GM manuals at www.alldatadiy.com.

GM crap ??? When all else fails, read the instructions. Welcome to CF !!! After you get familiar with the site you'll find any info you need on any system or part.

·
2002 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yes gm crap. It's never simple with this car from the starter to the oil leaks. Could be worse though I suppose. Thanks for the useful information friend, you have lead me in the right direction. I really appreciate it, more than you'll know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts