Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will installing two of these 6ohm equalizers on my turn signal bulbs keep my car from thinking it has a bulb out? Ever since I changed to LED turn signals, my blinker blinks very fast.

Has anyone ever used these and do they work? Thanks.

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any info on these at all? I think I'm just gonna grab a pair and try them. Since they are so cheap.

·
Registered
'11 CADILLAC CTS
356 Posts
I'm having a problem with my LED's also. The two License Plate light went out and one of the sidemarker is now dim. I install these couple days ago. Also One of the Map lights.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
did u follow the proper instructions to installing the LEDs?
this is straight from autolumination... http://autolumination.com/installation.html

mine are still in the mail, and i paid for priority shipping too! :mad:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep i used them and they work great.....I have led's in my drl's
Thanks, luv. Buying them now. The fast blinking is driving me nuts!!

SvB4EvA, kcammie, the cadillac kid, I am talking about turn signals, not the sidemarkers or any other commonly replaced by LED light. Pull one of those and your car will be fine, pull a brake light or turn signal, and it will blink fast thinking you have a bulb out. Even though you don't.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, just a follow up. Installed one in each side and they fixed the problem just like luv said. Considering doing LEDs in rear turn signals and brake lights. But probably not for a while.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
this has been discussed before:
SOME leds' made for automotive purposes have a built in resistor to even out the load so your car doesnt think you have a bulb out. they are a little more cash but are well worth it.

by the way, for future refrence the phenomena you are talking about is usually called "hyperflash", its a good workd to know when looking for help on the topic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts