Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
09 CTS 3.6L DI LLT w/ Ported LFX Intake w/Overkill ThrottleBody Airaid and Magnaflow Catbatback
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the recommended swap from LLT aluminum intake to LFX composite intake. Any pointers would be appreciated as I am getting ready to attempt this swapping of intakes. How does it compare to the Ico-lator which keeps the intake a significant amount cooler. Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
09 CTS 3.6L DI LLT w/ Ported LFX Intake w/Overkill ThrottleBody Airaid and Magnaflow Catbatback
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,728 Posts
You have to have an adapter/spacer to do this. And the TB needs to be rewired if I recall correctly since they don't have the same plug. Jacfab used to have a spacer that also allowed you do do this but I don't know if that is available any longer.

Reactions: cawengr

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have to change out the coolant outlet pipe that’s bellow the throttle body replace it with the one off a 2011 and up. The spacer is the one from the GMC Arcadia if you read the link i attached it clears allot of things up. Last but not least i got most of my parts included the composite intake off eBay. You need the evap that goes to the respective year but it plugs right in. PM me if you have any questions

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So where can I find these parts for a 2011 cadillac cts 3.6 LLT awd premium? I'm looking to do this swap asap. Links would be appreciated
check jacfab for lfx intake or you can get his adapter which give your 90% of what a full ported intake does. the throttle body is on willoverkills site under the CTS portion near the bottom. I bought a used intake off of eBay from an LFX and the adapter as well it requires the lower intake from an Arcadia which you can find on eBay as well or get it new off Amazon read the thread I linked near the top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.