Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I looked at the mats available from Car Motorsports but just couldn't stomach the $350+ for all five mats plus shipping. US Speed has Lloyds mats on ebay and they DO have the V logo. Your cost shipped for all 5 mats with the V logo is $237. This includes the trunk mat. Trust me, these babies are plush.

Sorry don't have a place to host pictures:

P.S. I fully expect that this post will be gone very soon as I'm suggesting buying from a non-supporting vendor and I've linked to another forum. I'm such an ass. :D

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
I thought us speed was a supporting member?CP,my mats from us speed are not wearing as well as I suspected,(no flame intended)after winter car motor mats for me.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't had a problem with my Lloyds mats. I have 37,000 miles on my first set with no issues. These were actually carry overs from my 2004. I still have all 5 with the Cadillac Crest logo, I just wanted to switch to the V logo. Lloyds also have a great warranty, although I haven't needed it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
All I have to say is that I just ordered the CAR mats. :thumbsup:

I have plenty of Llods mats lying around in boxes from various Dinan BMWs as that's who they use for a supplier. Yes, they are nice. Yes, they are plush. No, they don't look right against the factory carpet of any car that I have seen them in. They look like a floor mat instead of an extension of the factory carpet for a lack of a better way to explain it!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
CVP33 said:
I haven't had a problem with my Lloyds mats. I have 37,000 miles on my first set with no issues. These were actually carry overs from my 2004. I still have all 5 with the Cadillac Crest logo, I just wanted to switch to the V logo. Lloyds also have a great warranty, although I haven't needed it.
AND they have a nice snap clip retainer set up too. I actually like the Lloyds binding as it doesent unravel or pull.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I can't complain about my Car Motorsports mats. Excellent product with excellent service.

I bought mine around 5 months ago but I don't remember paying close to $325 for the mats.

I hear a lot of comments from people that think the car came with the mats.

·
Registered
590 Posts
There is a photo of a V trunk showing the Lloyds rear cargo mat posted on another forum. The fit looks great and it is secured with the 4 tie down posts used for the cargo net. Color selection is limited but the quality looks good - and they have the simple V logo. For a savings of over $100 compared to the Motorsport's mats - look's like a great deal.

·
Registered
535 Posts
AmesCTS-V said:
I've seen them both on other cars. You get what you pay for. The CarMotorsports ones are better stitching and edging.
I have to agree - I originally purchased the Lloyd's mats and replaced them a year later with CarMotorSports mats. My main gripe with the Lloyd's mats was the premature wear (especially on the driver's side) and the Cadillac wreath logo pealing off. The CarMotorSports seem to be constructed better all the way around (stitching, logos, edging, etc.) Plus the fact that they fit a whole lot better than the Lloyd's mats - no moving around at all.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Is there a company out there that makes rubber mats for the V? I'm referring to the kind of mats that are offered by Audi and VW called "Monster Mats." Some of you might be familiar with these mats. For the few that aren't, they are the best mat I've ever owned.

These fabric type mats will get stained and the logos will show smudges if not taken care of properly. With those rubber "Monster Mats," you have no worries of that. The logo is in rubber and you don't have the worry of stains. To clean these monster mats, all you have to do is rinse them. Nothing better than that.;)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
That's a good find. I just wished they were finished better. Something like a thick lip around the edge of the mat and a cadillac "V" flag logo too. :D

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RobzBLKV said:
Oh, I see the cargo mat is $130 by itself. Still that's $290, not $350. Shipping?
Rob,

The price listed on the website does not include the logos for the rear mats. Once you add everything up with 4 logo'd mats and a logo'd trunk mat + shipping I believe you're at nearly $350. I could be wrong, so best to check.

As far as the other complaints regarding Lloyd's mats. Just call US Speed online with any issue regarding the mats and another set will be delivered within 7 days. I had trouble with a set we had made for our LHS. I called them and they replaced everything. I didn't even ask for everything, just the driver's side. Great service. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My V mat from Carmotor sports on the driver side is already wearing through . Bought my in June. Sh..t. My V is an everyday driver but the wear is there. I can tell wear my heel is on the mats. Giess I need another one. I'd like to try rubber mats with a V if they don't fold.

·
Registered
535 Posts
CVP33 said:
Rob,

As far as the other complaints regarding Lloyd's mats. Just call US Speed online with any issue regarding the mats and another set will be delivered within 7 days. I had trouble with a set we had made for our LHS. I called them and they replaced everything. I didn't even ask for everything, just the driver's side. Great service. :thumbsup:
I tried that several months ago - didn't work. I even asked to purchase just the driver's side mat (logo was peeling) and was told to return the defective mat and they will take care of it and send it back. That was when I decided to puchase the Car Motorsports mats.

·
Registered
142 Posts
NIK said:
I tried that several months ago - didn't work. I even asked to purchase just the driver's side mat (logo was peeling) and was told to return the defective mat and they will take care of it and send it back. That was when I decided to puchase the Car Motorsports mats.
You've highlighted another important difference in our mats from the Lloyds that many may not know about....the logos. Lloyds uses sealed on appliques. Our mats feature REAL embroidery that is sewn onto the actual mat. Lloyd's mats are a great choice if we did not offer the mats we do. We had a customer call and indicate his driver mat was showing some premature wear. This sometimes happens if we have a production problem, but its rare. Well, Nathan is going to get new replacements and he will not incur any shipping costs in doing so (we don't ask you to send your mats back on your dime). I just spoke to Rich tonight about it and we've located his order and will be executing the fix tomorrow. Our mats offer a choice of backings (foam or rubber nibs). We don't offer snaps, but we do offer grommet holes (like used in the GTO). Our logos can be sized to your liking and the trunk mat logo must be larger due to the size of the mat.

There are options for mats out there, but we hope and will work to be your first option. Tell us how we can do this and we'll make every effort we can to do so.

Alan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts