Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I rebuilt the heads and have the motor mostly together. I am trying to figure out how all of the brackets go back on the motor. I am having problem with the accessories brackets on the front of the motor. Is there any pictures or diagrams that you all can help me with, to figure out all of the brackets, tubes ect.? Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,214 Posts
it would be REALLY helpful to know what year - make - and model vehicle

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks I found New GM Parts web site that helped a little. Maybe I will take some pictures of the brackets and holes that I have unexplained and post them so someone can help id them. Thanks

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Go down to N* engine section and look for Bill Buttermore posts on his 98 DeVille rebuild. He posted links to pics and videos that should help you.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured out most of the brackets. Getting ready to set the motor back in. We pulled it out the top, but I wish I would of came out the bottom.

----------

Thats what I was asking for, never done it before, so I hoped that someone would help in getting this thing back in by myself and make my life alot easier. I will check out Bill. Thanks

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I know what a pain. Got some bad weather coming so I put a tarp over it. Motor looks good I painted the valve covers black cherry urethane. Havent put motor in car yet I guess it will have to wait till after Christmas. When I am done i am going to start a limo service at the airports and downtown. The reason I think this car is worth saving is it only has 86,000 miles and cylinders looked perfect. Inserted thed the block. Case halves werent leaking much. Still have a couple brackets that I cant figure out. I will try to get pictures. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-99-CADIL...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

This is one of the brackets that I cant figure out that I found on ebay. Anybody know what it is or where it goes? Thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,214 Posts
Yea, I know what a pain. Got some bad weather coming so I put a tarp over it. Motor looks good I painted the valve covers black cherry urethane. Havent put motor in car yet I guess it will have to wait till after Christmas. When I am done i am going to start a limo service at the airports and downtown. The reason I think this car is worth saving is it only has 86,000 miles and cylinders looked perfect. Inserted thed the block. Case halves werent leaking much. Still have a couple brackets that I cant figure out. I will try to get pictures. Thanks

----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-99-CADIL...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

This is one of the brackets that I cant figure out that I found on ebay. Anybody know what it is or where it goes? Thanks

----------

----------------
that looks like the front motor motor mount bracket -

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cant quite picture how it bolts in. I guess once i dangle the motor over the engine compartment and I get the front motor mount in it will be alot clearer.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
Somewhere in the archives (recent I think) there is a very clear picture of it, but I'll be damned if I can find it. It was taken by someone looking for a leak if I remember correctly.

----------

EDIT:

BINGO!! It mounts over the front exhaust pipe where it passes under the engine.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man you guys are really coming thru for me now. That answers the motor mount problems. I am down to figuring out a round curved tube bracket flat with hole on one end and flat on other end with a slot. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1997 Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, another good parts breakdown/diagram. That takes care of the rest of the brakets and shields too. Thanks a million. I will be putting the motor in tomorrow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts