Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hmm:Hey if someone could help me find it because for some reaso nI cant today lol

Im about to do all of my installs tonight and :hmm: dont see the D.I.Y for the fog light conversion to H.I.D. also Iseenthe led swap out D.I.Y but dont think it had the sidemarkers and turn signals. Can someone point me in the right direction thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ive been through the sticky a # of times lol Thats where I got all the other D.I.Y's i needed, but Im not seeing the ones I asked for. If they are there i may just be missing them??? Just checked again and still not seeing them they have the regualr low bean conversion for H.I.D.'s and all the interior led swaps and even the stop and 3rd brake light but I dont see sidemarkers and turn signals??

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
I don't think there is a full how to hid fogs because its just that simple.
Pull out old bulbs, put in new bulbs.
Wires that went to old bulbs go in to ballasts.
Wires out of ballasts go into wires out of new hid bulbs.
Mount ballasts.
If they don't work unplug power in to ballast, and plug back in the other way.
Maybe you should make a how to.

You are going to have to remove the wheel well covers and you need 9145 bulbs.
Cheers.

Ps. I'm just that awesome!
P.s.s my ZR1 is under a tarp, I'm still in mexico gettin my swerve on with the locals.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the turn signals were 3157??
and Ghettomike I have to remove the wheelwell covers to get to the turn signals too?
So for the Fog's the front bumper doesnt have to come off either only to do the lows?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
No, for the fogs, the front bumper doesn't have to come off. Jack the car up, pull a wheel off, pull the wheel liner off and you'll have all the access you need.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
od youve beena big help bro its all appreciated. You helped me out a few times now lol

I should have pics up by the end of the weekend. Im just praying theres no hiccups lol Wont be able to handle it.
My house got robbed yesterday by some pill heads that lived with the woman in my housing complex and she kicked them out and they went around robbing houses. So i need this all to go good tonight lol

Gonna do the grille H.I.D.'s on both fogs and lows and a full led swap out....Fingers crossed lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Od Im going to have the front bmuper off anyways to do the low beams, will I be able to just get to it like that without tkaing a wheel off?
Last question on this I swear lol

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Tou don't need bumper off to do fogs.
Turn signal 3145
Fog light 9145
You can not do hid signals, the flashing will blow out the ballasts in 5 min max. You can do LED signals.
Putting in leds is just lilke putting in normal bulbs, as long as you buy the right ones...but led signals aren't worth it.
You should so the led headlight triangle lights.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
LOL @ Concorso. I think that might actually be right though.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
The hardest part of installed HID fogs is finding a spot to mount the ballasts, and paying off the credit card.
ahh i knew i forgot something!!!

i mounted mine on the side of the fog brackets.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got everything installed and came out great..I put the LED's in the turn signals but the guy who did it for me is an electrician so he said he put some resistor thing on them and they work fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts