Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys with any of the various Linea Corse wheels ever been able to get your hands on touch up paint for them? I have a set of the Venetos in "Hyper Silver" and I'm not getting any responses from Wheeldude or from Linea Corse's Face**** page. I know Wheeldude will get back to me eventually, but just curious if anyone out there's had any luck finding this in the past...

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,973 Posts
Wheeldude seems to be very selective to whom he makes himself available. Guy needs a serious course in customer service.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
You might try one of those paint shops that cater to automotive body shops - they can match almost anything.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,022 Posts
If you find anything out, post it up, as I could use some touching up on my hyper silver Venetos, too. I scraped a curb last summer, didn't actually cause any curb rash, just took the paint/powder coat off. There's at least 2 layers - black underneath, and then silver on top of that. For the most part my boo-boo didn't scrape off the black, just the silver. The silver is pretty thickly laid on there, so I say "at least 2 layers" because there may be a couple layers of silver to get the "hyper" effect, or it could be powder coat, as it seems pretty tough.

I've sanded the section down smooth, leaving the black mostly untouched, and I'm going to try using Duplicolor silver wheel paint and we'll see how crappy it comes out. :p It's supposed to be off and on rainy the next few days, so I'm not sure when I'll actually get to it.

I also saw that Duplicolor has a "hyper silver" kit, which appears to be silver over black as well. It was more expensive, though, so I just went with silver for this little experiment.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I called Wheel Dude last week and got the goods. Unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted to hear. Linea Corse is apparently Wheel Dude's "house brand", and the manufacturer does not make any of its materials (paints included) available to the public, nor to Wheel Dude. I was informed that the "hyper silver" was several layers of black, silver, and a clear coat, and may be very difficult to replicate with a dupli-color type of touch up paint. They did tell me that any wheel repair/refinishing shop should be able to re-do a whole wheel fairly close to an original though. So I might check out a wheel refinishing shop and see how much they want to touch up or completely refinish a couple wheels. Anyway, the answer to the question I asked is apparently no, we cannot get touch up paint. Bummer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts