Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 DeVille 4.1 gas
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find the manufacture line number on my 1985 DeVille? is it in the Vin? it would be cool to know that information

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Where can i find the manufacture line number on my 1985 DeVille? is it in the Vin? it would be cool to know that information
======================
what do you mean by a "manufacture line number" ?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,366 Posts
Take out a $5 subscription to www.compnine.com - you get your car's original build sheet plus any 4 other vehicles at later dates.

The VIN gives the line sequence number, but by itself it's pretty useless for dating or other vehicle info info. It's the last 6 digits of the VIN.

Here's some info for the 2000 - 2005 Seville/Deville/Eldorado series - not sure about 1985.

VIN character definitions.gif

The RPO label, under the spare tire cover, gives the systems and options built into THAT car.

RPO label - spare tire cover.gif

The original tire size, build date, and speed rating are on the driver's door sticker.

Tire spec label - driver door.gif

·
Registered
1985 DeVille 4.1 gas
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the information everyone, i guess the manufacture assemble production number and which one it was to roll off the assemble line, there is a placard in the engine compartment new the radiator and i think the number is 9754 but not sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts