Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting in the customer lounge area at Lindsay Cadillac as my V recieves it's new shoes, shifter and boot. All I can say is that this place is first class! The new polished rims are as advertised. BEAUTIFUL! James sprayed my rotors and clear coated them and they look excellent. Rims and rotors are now on and they are tackling the B&M short shifter and two tone boot. I'll post up some pics later today if I still have daylight.

BTW - you all should see this facility. 10 repair bays, shiney white, pristine epoxy sealed floors. I mean you could eat off the floor in this place. Guess who's doing the install on my V? James himself! He also noted my center caps on the original wheels were peeling so he replaced those under warranty. He's even super lubing the GM optional bushings to get rid of that creaking under the car.

Was it worth getting up at 4:30am to drive 200+ miles to see James @ Lindsay? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY! :D I'd almost forgotten what it's like to deal with a first class dealership. I even struck up a great conversation with one of the sales folks here as I toured the dealership. Everyone here is friendly and nice and not in the creapy, "I want to sell you a car" kind of way either. Genuinely friendly people selling and servicing customers and their cars! WHAT A CONCEPT!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
I'm making an appoitment with James for the clutch TSB on Monday. I'm really looking forward to going...

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Makes me wish I had gone to work today so I could have worked on your car for you and had you say those great things about me.

Actually we have about 30 bays and it is a great place to work.
It's a hotbed of activity during the week and none too slow on Saturday from 8 to 2.
James is a great guy to work for and I am very glad he came to work there shortly after I got hired.

If you bring your car in during the week, it's likely I'll be working on it. For the clutch or rear end jobs you'll be dealing with Donny, who is also a first class tech.
It's always great to hear from a satisfied customer.

Bill

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
CVP33,
Thanks for the comments. It was great to meet you and great to see those rims & rotors in person...:thumbsup: I hope the drive home goes fine...
CVP33 said:
super lubing the GM optional bushings to get rid of that creaking under the car
We got side tracked after installing the shifter and I forgot all about this...:banghead:
I hope your new rims & rotors will keep you on :cloud9: and the creaking from your bushing doesn't drive you insane... We'll just have to get you back up here before the weather turns bad...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
You shoulda let us know you'd be in town. We'd have rolled out the red carpet for an out of town member (or at least maybe joined you in gobbling up some of Lindsays' donuts). We might even have been able to roust e-thug out of his crib........

What a nice day for a ride. I hope you had smooth sailing on the highway from hell......

d

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
James and his crew were great. Ross from the forum met me up there with his Platinum V. I susupect James will have a few photos up soon enough of our 3 V's. Made great time getting back. What a surprise. :D

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
CVP33 said:
James and his crew were great. Ross from the forum met me up there with his Platinum V. I susupect James will have a few photos up soon enough of our 3 V's. Made great time getting back. What a surprise. :D
Hope all was well on the trip home...

I sent the pics that I took to Reed, he's gonna post them for us...

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
6104696 said:
You shoulda let us know you'd be in town. We'd have rolled out the red carpet for an out of town member (or at least maybe joined you in gobbling up some of Lindsays' donuts). We might even have been able to roust e-thug out of his crib........
What a nice day for a ride. I hope you had smooth sailing on the highway from hell......
d
We'll have to arrange a get together while the weather is still nice... Get everyone local together for a shop day at Lindsay or something and then take a drive from there... :thumbsup:

It was great getting together, even if I spent most of the time working...

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that's a great idea!

·
Registered
753 Posts
E-Thug is out of town. He's helping Katshot install some slammin' mods on his '95 Fleetwood:

1) a diamond in the back window
2) velvet mudflaps
3) a "Lincoln style" tire on the trunk

I hope that they will provide us with a very long post about it later, possibly comparing the Fleetwood's styling to an SRT-8.:bomb:

A Lindsay get together would be great! James, what ever happened to the super hot cashier that that used to work at Lindsay? I haven't seen her lately. She is worth the trip all by herself.:highfive:

CR

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
yup, Fleetwoods kick ass. (wish i still had mine). waving to ya

crowan said:
E-Thug is out of town. He's helping Katshot install some slammin' mods on his '95 Fleetwood:

1) a diamond in the back window
2) velvet mudflaps
3) a "Lincoln style" tire on the trunk

I hope that they will provide us with a very long post about it later, possibly comparing the Fleetwood's styling to an SRT-8.:bomb:

A Lindsay get together would be great! James, what ever happened to the super hot cashier that that used to work at Lindsay? I haven't seen her lately. She is worth the trip all by herself.:highfive:

CR

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
51PHFTY said:
CVP33

Can't wait to see pics of the polished rims on the Platinum - sounds like we both made the right choice?
Yes! You're going to like these. With the painted rotors and polished rims it just makes the V look that much better. I also like the new B&M shifter. The shifts are positively mechanical and precise. Took me a while to get use to 2nd and 4th shifts as the travel is no where near as far. There is some transmission noise carried in through the shifter though, especially if you rest your hand on the shifter itself (which I do). I will play with this tomorrow and try to stuff some more insulation in, around and on the shifter stalk. Still love it though.

As for pix I'm out of luck. Momma went to see Miss Saigon with her girl friends and she has the digital camera tonight. :banghead:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
urbanski said:
at first i thought that sign said "lowballs" :p
i did to first time i seen it. uh oh, story time with Low.

off topic, cry about it.

a long while back when i was a kid there was a sign on the side of the road out from the boys club i stayed at that summer... it said "Smart Assets." well they were taking the sign down and broke for lunch leaving the sign the way it was "Smart Ass" for almost an hour and a half. i took a picture of it but i lost it when i moved.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts