Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I saw the commercial last night and I was impressed. I've heard Cadillac salesmen say Lincoln is dead, but this car certainly questions that logic. Starting at $29,660, CTS has some new competition.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
It, along with the new Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan are AWESOME new vehicles, with some of the best styling, build quality, refinement, solidity, and performance ever seen in a mostly below $30k sedan.

I wouldn't, however, consider any a true competitor to the CTS. Similar in size and style, yes, but completely different when it comes to things like the Ford's FWD vs. the Caddy's RWD, not to mention the Caddy being meant for a generally higher end segment, EVEN THOUGH, the Lincoln (and even the lower Ford and Mercury, for that matter) have arguably nicer interiors than even the top end CTS.

So, not a real competitor to the Caddy, but a group of great sedans in and of themselves--just more meant to fit with the Camry/Accord/Altima crowd.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
There's some discussion over in the Cadillac vs. forum about the new Fusion/Milan/Zephyr lines from Ford.

I believe the Lincoln targets the base 2.8L CTS (using the side-by-side comparo feature at Lincoln's website reveals this fact). It is quite comprable to the base CTS. Interior and exterior dimensions are very close, engines are close in spec, comes standard with 17" wheels and heated seats. Major difference: FWD vs. AWD

Sharp new car nonetheless. I look forward to seeing these cars break up some of the mundane-styled cars rolling around on the roads today.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That is the ugliest car I've ever seen!! I see can why Lincon is dead.. I wouldn't be caught dead driving in one.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Front and sides are ok but I hate the rear lights of that car.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Come on!! You guys are making me ill!! I'm now going to have to go out and look at my CTS just so I feel better..

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Don't worry It's new and unusual thats all. Remember, there showing you the loaded versions. Wait till you see the price value ( as they like to call them) then you'll see how it really looks. Plus FWD is just not an enthusiasts choice for a domestic, and it remains to be seen if they will have the fit and finish to pull from Toyota,Honda and Nissan. I liked the looks of the Mazda 6 till I drove it. No substance, feels brittle and the doors shut like a door on a beer can. Lets see how they stand up to an A4, Acura TX or TS or the new S40 which they share a platform with.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm not feelin it.
- It's a Ford
- The exterior is ugly
- Iterior is ugly
- It's FWD
- Did I mention it's a Ford.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I feel ya there, The base I'll bet delete's the fancy mirrors(plastic) the fogs, the duals (tips) plainer tailights and the Merc starts at $18,995. The Lincoln starts at $29,995 the standard wheel is 17" w/225-50's. Just can't get by FWD, but I do look forward to toasting a few kills with the group when they come a callin ,I doubt a 6 speed auto and 221 hp is up to it.

·
Banned
394 Posts
a lot nicer interior than CTS...

Lexus IS is coming out with 300 + hp for 06. I like to see CTS step up on the engine option

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think the car is extremely sexyyyy. But I would never buy it because it is a ford, and everything is cheaply made and plasticky I bet, when in person. It probably doesnt handle half as good as the CTS, and i doubt their 221hp will keep up with our 3.6---with that said.....i still like the zephyr....its a huge improvement over the current LS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Honestly I like the pic of the silver one , from that angle I think it looks awesome , but the front view does nothing for me ,,The int looks nice , now remember I have owed an LS in the past , and I just sold a great f150 that I will miss this winter , Now you look at my NEW 06 CTS it doesn't matter what angle you look at her , like tony the tiger says SSHHEEESSSSS GGGGGRRReeaat!!! I have only had her for a few days and I really haven't had time to take her out and see what she has , but I KNOW IT THERE !
It looks to be bigger than the LS and I think LD drivers will find them selves looking at it , but for now I will stay here

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is exactly why Lincoln has been dying on its feet for years; and why Ford is walking that plank as well, with the exception of their truck line-up. Cadillac is the only American car that can compete with upper echelon imports, no way around it. That being said, a few tweaks and it can possibly be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
998 Posts
it looks like crap on the road. the pics and concept looked really refined, but in reality its more of a contour looking thing than anything else.

no bias at all, i actually like the lincoln ls when it was around.

i think the milan looks nice, but i have yet to see one in person.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
26 Participants
SilverCTS