Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't old news. The Lincoln LS sales have been way down and Ford has elected to end the run. I'd like to think the poor sales was the result of the CTS. The LS demise will surely bring others our way as it was the only American sport sedan in this price range. Someone told me the Lincoln Marauder was discontinued also. More fuel for the CTS-V.:yup:

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesda said:
Mercury Marauder went bye-bye last year. 06 is the end of the beautiful Lincoln LS. That brand pretty much has nothing left worth looking at except the Town Car.:(
But Jesda,
The Town Car is a land yacht and probably to big for a CTS or LS car owners.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
RobertCTS said:
But Jesda,
The Town Car is a land yacht and probably to big for a CTS or LS car owners.
What excatly does the Town Car compete with now?

I bought one in 2001, and i was unsure then but the Deville, or DTS (we all know its the Deville) is much much much more dynamic....

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mccombie_5 said:
What excatly does the Town Car compete with now?

I bought one in 2001, and i was unsure then but the Deville, or DTS (we all know its the Deville) is much much much more dynamic....
Yes the large Caddies and Mercury still make a land yacht similar to the town car. These are nice to ride it but I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Yes the large Caddies and Mercury still make a land yacht similar to the town car. These are nice to ride it but I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.
Well, it doesnt really compete with the Deville or DTS, and i suppose Mercury Grand Marquis builds the same car!

Its a stand alone really. It might compete with the 1994-99 Deville....

I used a 2001 TC as my daily driver, it wasnt much fun.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mccombie_5 said:
Well, it doesnt really compete with the Deville or DTS, and i suppose Mercury Grand Marquis builds the same car!

Its a stand alone really. It might compete with the 1994-99 Deville....

I used a 2001 TC as my daily driver, it wasnt much fun.
McC,
You have so many cars you should never get bored driving.:D

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
RobertCTS said:
McC,
You have so many cars you should never get bored driving.:D
LOL i dont, i love driving :D

The TC was to make me look good :cool2: it worked, the girls in the office called me "The Don" the whole time i owned it.

HRC, the MKVIII is a VERY attractive car and has a beautiful dashboard, i have never seen one in the UK, where was it?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There are a few.

I saw some advertised in Classic American magazine (one joker wanted 13K for it, but most are advertised in the 4-6K mark) and I saw them for real at the Billing Summer Natioanals american car show.

The dash is the loveliest design I have ever seen.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Isn't that great! At the end of its fourth year on the market, the CTS is still doing very well.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
megeebee said:
Isn't that great! At the end of its fourth year on the market, the CTS is still doing very well.
Sure is! Unlike any car I've had before I have people come up to me and ask how I like it and they've been think about it. A real compliment IMO.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
The CTS is not one of my personal favorites in that category, but I do have to commend the car for being such a runaway success. It appeals to just about every demographic from 20's to 60's. Its one of those cars that just sparked. If ever there were a ruler for a way to change something the right way, the CTS vs. the Catera would be it. The CTS is light years ahead of everything the Catera ever tried to be.

·
Registered
634 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Sure is! Unlike any car I've had before I have people come up to me and ask how I like it and they've been think about it. A real compliment IMO.
Me too. A week doesn't go by that I am asked about my car, or am simply given a compliment by a complete stranger. One of Cadillacs biggest gambles has paid off, and paid off big. No other car I've ever had (with the exception of the '61 Bentley), has ever garnered such reactions. My '92 Seville is probably 3rd place. That was a big deal in its day.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Playdrv4me said:
The CTS is not one of my personal favorites in that category, but I do have to commend the car for being such a runaway success. It appeals to just about every demographic from 20's to 60's. Its one of those cars that just sparked. If ever there were a ruler for a way to change something the right way, the CTS vs. the Catera would be it. The CTS is light years ahead of everything the Catera ever tried to be.
Wow..you seem to know all the good virtues of the CTS yet hold it at bay for you other favorites. What might that be?:hmm:

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Maybe the new Lincoln Zephyr will be able to compete with the standard CTS. They both have V6s, but I think the Lincoln has a six speed auto, and the CTS doesn't...

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
He likes his beemers does Ian....
Yup! I really do like BMWs alot but that doesnt change my respect for the CTS. Its a solid car that does what it is supposed to well and looks good doing it. Its certainly not a car I would NOT drive, I would love to own one, but I enjoy the feel and experience of the 3 Series and A4/S4 more personally.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts