Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V black diamond coupe
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an AirRaid CAI and Vmax ported throttle body, no tune, last month in my 2102 manual coupe and last week it suddenly went into limp mode. I drove it home at 50MPH and it reset after 10 minutes and it showed a P0068 code. It ran fine for a few days and after washing the car it did it again. I noticed that I could slowly get it up to 60-70 MPH since RPMs seem limited to about 2000, and at idle and low RPM it gets very rough and the engine makes a loud clicking noise. So when I pulled in I opened the hood and had my son take a video of the sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiqz...ature=youtu.be

After less than 5 minutes I restarted it and it ran perfectly. The check engine light was on but it reset itself after a few start cycles. I did recheck the P0068 code and then cleared it. Could this be related to the mods or could it be related to dampness since it was raining the first time it did it? My real concern is the loud lifter type noise that occurs when it it in this mode. Could it be harmful to the engine? What causes such a noise?

Is is OK to drive the car a short distance, say <5 miles when in limp mode?

Sorry for so many questions But I tend to worry.

Thanks for any help.

Steve D

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I have an Airaid CAI and Vmax ported throttle body on my coupe. The CAI for 2.5 years and ported throttle body for over a year with no troubles at all.
Whatever your V is experiencing may be unrelated.
I would try reinstalling the OEM air box and throttle body to see if it makes a difference before going to the dealer.
Whatever you do, if possible, put the car back to stock before taking the car to the dealership to avoid any finger pointing.

Link to video didn't work on my phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts