Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them to work fine, wow wow wee wow are they friggin bright.:thumbsup: I put 8000K's in the low beams and fogs. I think one of LB's aren't aligned correctly, i tried searching on the forum for the way to adjust the angle of the bulb, but couldn't find it,

so the million dollar question is....how do i adjust the angle of the bulb?

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
Good job. What makes you think one of the LBs isn't aimed correctly? I believe that they normally aim one of them a bit off-center to reduce glare for oncoming drivers. I think you're more likely to screw up the headlamp alignment than fix it if you try to do it yourself. Maybe others will feel differently ...

-GT

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Hang on, lemme run out to my garage and snap you a pic.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Ok here... Turn that screw in there. I can't remember which way is up and which way is down so you'll have to experiment. Just so you know, the left is supposed to be lower, like this: http://www.jon04ctsv.com/images/hidcutoff.jpg (My car was on a slant, so it looks like the lights are pointed very low here)

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you jon! yeah i remember the left being a lil lower but the right seems a lil way to high right now i'll take it out on some flat ground to get a good test...oh btw jon your tutorial is phenomenal, me and my uncle breezed through the entire installation, i even made twenty bucks off him cause he didn't believe me that the plug had to be put in backwards.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
ok thank you jon! yeah i remember the left being a lil lower but the right seems a lil way to high right now i'll take it out on some flat ground to get a good test...oh btw jon your tutorial is phenomenal, me and my uncle breezed through the entire installation, i even made twenty bucks off him cause he didn't believe me that the plug had to be put in backwards.
lol, glad I could help. :)

X

·
0 Posts

is this an HID tutorial?
I just put in my fogs, and i'm going to do the headlights tomorrow... I'm a bit concerned about moisture leakage, so a tutorial would be great

anyone got a link to this???

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal

I show you how to get to the headlights... but I didn't take any pictures after that.
I think this should help quite a bit, thanks!

Any suggestions on avoiding moisture leakage?
From what I recall, there is drilling involved with the headlight housing?
Figures when I need the information the most, the search button is not being very helpfull.

I just want to make sure I have everything ready to go tonight, since I only have about 2 hours to work on it.

X

·
0 Posts
new thread created..

sorry for the hijacked thread!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts