Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having issues with lights going out, one by one. The first one was a passenger front turn signal, but it was just a bad connection. Then the tag light, which I went LED with, and now I have the DRL on the drivers side and also the tail light (brake lights and turn signals are good; just the rear running marker is out). With such an invasive procedure, yet a high price tag, should I weigh replacing all these lights against replacing bulbs (after I check fuses of course)? If I can change the bulbs, how do I go about it? I’m having a tough time getting straight answers in my research. I try to find the answers on my own before I got to you guys except for style tips. Thanks for the help!
Anthony Fletcher

·
Registered
634 Posts
DRL (signal/blinkers) are know to have bad sockets. The brought new ones in and the bulbs don't burn out quickly after that. If you mean the rear running marker in the tail light, there is no bulb to change, the whole tail light needs to be done...can get them for a good price on ebay. To change the tail light, interior trim has to be removed. I did mine and it was not that difficult...the worst part is making sure not to drop and loose into the fender some where the nuts to the tail light during taking out and putting back in. You can see the process here: https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-trailer-wiring-harness-2004-cadillac-srx-56146kit.aspx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
G1 SRX