Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS4
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to have all lights(low, high and fogs) on at the same time?

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Super said:
is there a way to have all lights(low, high and fogs) on at the same time?
That's a computer issue. The official answer is yes. You most certainly can have all the lights programmed to be on at the same time. Most likely, the dealership will have to plug in a computer and change your vehicle settings. It really is a bad idea though. First of all, your lights will burn out a lot quicker. The DRL's already burn out quickly. I would let it be. Just change the bulbs if you want it to look better. Throw in some HID's to replace your fogs or your high-beams. There are a bunch of other ways to make your lights look better. In my opinion, I would not have all the lights programmed on at the same time.

Thanks.

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
There are relay and wiring harness kits available to do this.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it´s not for the looks, it´s for better lighting;). I already have HID fogs, but I would like to be able to have them on together with the high beams. Thanks!

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Oh, I understand. Try changing your high-beam lights to HID's as well. That should seriously enhance your view. Good luck. Let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slk230mb said:
There are relay and wiring harness kits available to do this.
do you know where I can find these kits?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
Oh, I understand. Try changing your high-beam lights to HID's as well. That should seriously enhance your view. Good luck. Let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks.
you´re fast....
I changed my high beams to 100w bulbs, I´ll give it a week and see if there´s a difference.

thanks

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
I used to own a 2004 Hummer H2. Before I had it delivered, I had the lights changed. I had top of the line headlights installed in the Hummer straight from the dealership. I have no idea what they were, but they were unbelieveable. I actually had to have them removed after about 2 weeks with the car because I was blinding other people on the road. I had xenons installed after that. If you want, I would be more than happy to call the dealership and ask what they had placed on my old Hummer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05 Cadillac Escalade said:
I used to own a 2004 Hummer H2. Before I had it delivered, I had the lights changed. I had top of the line headlights installed in the Hummer straight from the dealership. I have no idea what they were, but they were unbelieveable. I actually had to have them removed after about 2 weeks with the car because I was blinding other people on the road. I had xenons installed after that. If you want, I would be more than happy to call the dealership and ask what they had placed on my old Hummer.

Thanks.
please ask them...

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
Alright, I just got off the phone with my dealership. They weren't able to tell me too much because the dealership stopped selling them after the state outlawed the lights. The lights were blinding other vehicles on the road which was the reason why they were made illegal and why I had to remove them from my old Hummer. The one thing they did mention was that the lights were PIAA HID's. I assume they still make the lights which are universal so they should work in your Escalade. I would just go to www.piaa.com and check out what they have on the website.

Thanks.

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
manny5700 said:
anyone drive with just the parking and fogs on? Looks sick at nite!
Can you even see like that? I might agree that it looks cool but it is also very dangerous. I would say that the xenons look a lot cooler. Change your fog lights to HID's and then drive with the xenons and the HID fogs on. That will look cool.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT
521 Posts
what kit do you use for HID fog lights... I dont think they make an 880 HID kit... What size would be the easiest to fit in our fog lights

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
vietfob714 said:
what kit do you use for HID fog lights... I dont think they make an 880 HID kit... What size would be the easiest to fit in our fog lights
You don't need an 880 HID kit. A lot of people use the 800 HID kit. It looks great when installed especially when you have your xenons and your HID fogs turned on at the same time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT (r.i.p.)
191 Posts
manny5700 said:
anyone drive with just the parking and fogs on? Looks sick at nite!
Fogs automatically turn on the parking lights so all you to say was fogs :shhh:

:p anyways, yeah, i used to do that until a cop told me to turn the headlights on when i was going 10mph downtown just crusin. looks kinda "dont f*** with me" with just the foggies on

·
Registered
None - 2007 Range Rover
1,452 Posts
That makes more sense. Cruising around downtown with just fogs on would definitly look pretty sick. I just don't want to hear about someone getting a ridiculous ticket or even into an accident because they thought it looked cool with just the fogs. When you're in a more urban area, there are usually more lights making it a lot safer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT (r.i.p.)
191 Posts
vietfob714 said:
Can someone show me where to get an HID kit for my fogs? Cant find the "800" kit some1 posted about earlier
http://www.xenondepot.com/

And I believe they meant 8,000K not 800. If you want the fogs to around the same brightness as your headlights, get the 6,500K kit instead ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts