Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to take a few poster shots of dad's V and mine together (he just got new rims, and a nice supply of the really good cleaning/waxing products, even better then the beloved Zaino). I want to be able to have the fog lights stay on with the xenon's after the cars have been turned off. It may take a while to get the right lighting, so no need to let the cars idle right? How do I do this? Also, I want to wire the fogs to stay on when hi-beams are on. How do ya do this?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
I'm getting ready to take a few poster shots of dad's V and mine together (he just got new rims, and a nice supply of the really good cleaning/waxing products, even better then the beloved Zaino). I want to be able to have the fog lights stay on with the xenon's after the cars have been turned off. It may take a while to get the right lighting, so no need to let the cars idle right? How do I do this? Also, I want to wire the fogs to stay on when hi-beams are on. How do ya do this?
You can have the fog lamps on if you just turn the key to the 'on' position without starting the car.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RobertCTS said:
Ex-member Miscreant wired his fogs to the high beams and posted it but I can't find it now. I did put highbeam bulbs in my fogs about 3 months ago. They're working fine.
I can't find that post either (Miscreant's). Gonna have to get the wiring diagram for the CTS.

Ron, are the hi-beam fogs much brighter? If you can run a hi beam OEM halogen in the fog, why couldn't we run a hi-beam xenon in the fog? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
I can't find that post either (Miscreant's). Gonna have to get the wiring diagram for the CTS.

Ron, are the hi-beam fogs much brighter? If you can run a hi beam OEM halogen in the fog, why couldn't we run a hi-beam xenon in the fog? Any thoughts?
Brighter, yes..but the beam still projects down so the distance is about the same.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Yeah getting the fogs to stay on would be pretty cool. I just installed my HID's and it was a long process to remove the bumper and what not. HID's look great though

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
For the fog bulb you remove only the front section front wheel well panels. They're held in with push pins and easy to remove. The bulbs look a bit different. The fogs have a reflective cap at the top to diffuse the light. The high beam does not. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RobertCTS said:
For the fog bulb you remove only the front section front wheel well panels. They're held in with push pins and easy to remove. The bulbs look a bit different. The fogs have a reflective cap at the top to diffuse the light. The high beam does not. Here are some pics:
Just curious about those push pins. Whats the chances of them breaking when I take the wheel well panels off? Should I get some pins just in case?

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
AznPrydeRegalRyde said:
Just curious about those push pins. Whats the chances of them breaking when I take the wheel well panels off? Should I get some pins just in case?
You wont need more. I have taken mine off 4-5 times already and the same pins are still good.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
That is the fog replacement, I picked one up in the parts store but they didn't have 2. Sorry my friend I can't recell the tip of the bulb being clear or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts