Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been out town for the last week and just for back. My daughter drove truck (08escalade esv) this week and said the turn signals are not working, bright beams wont come on, fog lights wont come on, cant manually turn the lights off when the truck is running, dash is saying hood is open. I assumed the hood latch sensor was dirty or going bad So I started with the hood latch and took it off and tried to clean it with rubbing alcohol, but that didn't change anything. What could be going on? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked all the fuses. Also replaced the battery two days ago and it is completely dead again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The battery was dead today, put the battery charger on it. The battery said it was charging and percentage was going up but it said 6v. When it was about 80 percent, tried to turn it over and no power at all. Tried to jump it and no power at all. Put the charger back on and it said 3 percent and 6v again. Dont know why its saying 6v. Took the battery out and put the charger on it and it said 1 percent and 12v and started charging again. Just charged for awhile now and put the battery back in the truck. Truck started up, but still has the same problems, hood open on dash, hazards dont work, turn signals dont work... Dont have a clue what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV 2007
79 Posts
There must be something that is draining your battery and it happens quite fast. Can you measure the voltage through OBD port when you have your truck running? Next thing I would do is start pulling fuses one by one to see where the energy leak is coming from. Maybe start with head lights?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do I check the energy leak through the fuses? Are you saying to test the voltage through the fuses? Also how do I measure the voltage through the OBD port?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also the only other information I could find that had similar issues was a person on here that had a crimped wire in the upper middle tail light.

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
You might have a bad negative, and/or positive cable.
Known issue to corrode.at connections.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,286 Posts
I would also check to see if you have any aftermarket devices installed, like Nav-TV Barracuda, iSimple, etc. They go bad from time to time, you can disconnect one of the battery terminals, then tap the terminal, if there is a spark then you have a drain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do have an simple installed but doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

I took it to the shop last week and they thought it was narrower down to the passenger door module. But they replaced the part and it didnt fix it. When they rescanned it, more codes came up they said and said it crashed their scanner tool. They were very nice, but I think gave up on it and referred me to someone else. Attached is there notes. They really couldnt say what they thought was wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Escalade ESV Platinum 08 SRX N* 13/14 Escalade Platinum
677 Posts
Looks like some of the wires were connected inside the fuse block. I would go to a dealer and show them what you have found. Would explain the errors, I would not buy any more parts till the connections are repaired.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts