Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade and 2017 Escalade ESV
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added lighted door handles to the base/luxury models? If so, what's involved? Easy as buying new handles? Or is there additional wiring/programming involved? I Would hope the wires would already be in the door and make it just a matter of hooking up the connectors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very interested in this! would love to do the same.
There's a youtube video I found of someone doing this to a silverado, but he had to buy a new harness and splice, I'm guessing the harness problem was due to different model car (with less features). I'm hoping for the Escalade it's kinda plug and play, wish someone would chime in.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
258 Posts
Better yet - I'd love to find a hack to keep all my handles lit at all times. (a spin on the old opera lights on cars...)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Better yet - I'd love to find a hack to keep all my handles lit at all times. (a spin on the old opera lights on cars...)
No I'm no electrician, but I would imagine if your car is equipped with the lighted door handles, that would just be a matter of jumping the power lead/source to the parking lights circuit.

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
258 Posts
Yup! That sounds about right. If someone knows the color of the wire coming into the harness... I'd seriously consider applying 12V to it, while the lights are on, or perhaps anytime the car is running. I think that would look stellar!

·
2018 Escalade
2018 Escalade 4WD
44 Posts
I ordered the handles off eBay and installed them into my ‘16 ESV. Plug and play installation and they work as if they came from the factory installed.
This is the best news yet. I ordered them, also from ebay, they just got here on Thursday and I'm stressing. I guess with what you say it's just a matter of removing the door panel, removing the existing handles and plug in the new and voila?? They work?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered the handles off eBay and installed them into my ‘16 ESV. Plug and play installation and they work as if they came from the factory installed.
I asked this a month or so ago and didn’t get a solution. This makes me happy! Can you provide a link to the eBay purchase, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

make sure you check with this seller to match your color and get two for the front and two for the back. The different color harness connectors are for the front and rear doors. I believe brown is for the rear but I might have it mixed up. Either way it’s a very nice upgrade.

·
Registered
52 Posts

make sure you check with this seller to match your color and get two for the front and two for the back. The different color harness connectors are for the front and rear doors. I believe brown is for the rear but I might have it mixed up. Either way it’s a very nice upgrade.
You’re awesome! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Escalade
2018 Escalade 4WD
44 Posts
I have my 2018 Escalade Luxury at the shop at this moment. I purchased the handles on Ebay OEM. Grey pig tail in the front brown for the rear. Plug and play. I really wish I knew how to get them to stay on when driving at night.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
124 Posts
I am curious if you swapped out the lock cylinder on the driver door or if they gave you the matching emergency key.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts