Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to remove both rear wheels for cleaning and Zaino, Can I lift the V from the Rear Diff or is there anothe point where I can safely raise the entire rear of the car?

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
DON'T USE THE DIFFERENTIAL FOR LIFTING

I do it on my truck but not the V
Either build a cross brace or use two floor lifts (that's what I do)

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Put a stack of wood 2x4's on your jack and use the rear subframe one either side of the diff as a jacking point. The jacking puck will be below the diff, but neither it or the wood will contact it. Once it's up, support with jackstands and let down the jack.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! STRICTLY VERBOTEN!!!!!

No lifting of the rear by the diff......

Just do one side at a time....thats what I do when I zaino....

F

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
what the hell are you guys zainoing??? the undercarriage??? I can always seem to hit everything with all four wheels on the ground :confused:
I do the insides of the wheel.....not sure what the other fella does.

F

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fellas, After the first response I'd started on the right and will move the left tomorrow.
I didn't want to have to explain that to a Caddy Service dept.

Niko, I'm 6'3" there's only so much ground work one can take. I was cleaning wells and wheels. It's so much easier with the wheel off. I did the front in a jiffy, cause I lifted from the middle.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Reviving an old thread but am still interested in hearing more thoughts. I hate jacking up one side then the other. Would much rather prefer jacking up the rear (after the front is secure of course) from a single spot.

I jacked on the diff in my old ‘stang but am reluctant to jack on the V’s diff. For those of you using 2x4 along the subframe - aren’t you nervous about the 2x4’s being used to span cracking under load?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts