Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
None
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are all kinds of threads on liftgate issues. This one is specific.

The one on our 2012 goes up, jerks down and back up, then goes all the way down. Is this a strut issue or something with the motor?

When I try to manually open the liftgate, it suddenly locks itself back into place as soon as I touch it.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
636 Posts
Replace the right strut first. It's most likely the problem and it's the cheapest.

·
Registered
None
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a Chevrolet equivalent to these struts. I have a Chevy dealership near me and the Caddy dealership is the other end of town. It would be easier for me to get them from Chevy.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
636 Posts
Is there a Chevrolet equivalent to these struts. I have a Chevy dealership near me and the Caddy dealership is the other end of town. It would be easier for me to get them from Chevy.
Should be no problem, Chevy dealers have access to all GM parts. I worked at a Chevy dealer and had all of my repairs done there.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
329 Posts
Options are always good. I have personally kept Amazon in business for the last decade.

If faced with the choice of an ACDelco part and an aftermarket part for the same price or similar...your call.

·
Registered
None
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is several of these places are out of them. Must be a run on them. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts