Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a little while since I removed Ms. Maggie from my '05 V and I have to say...DON'T EVER DO THIS...THIS IS PURE TORTURE... :banghead:

Due to the market/DOW eating turd lately (okay, today it was up 235 to close at ~8,500!), my uncle has put purchasing my '05 V on hold for a little while. As such, since the damn thing literally is LIKE NEW, I've changed my mind and decided that I might keep it and make it my daily driver (my '09V is now becoming my toy...:lildevil:). There ARE actually several things I do prefer on the '05V over my '09V...

HOWEVER, the lack of the supercharger is NOT one of them. MY GOD... It's sad when a 395 ft. lbs of torque motor is considered an "RPM" motor, but that's what it currently feels like to me now---I have to spin it to 4k+ to get it to feel even remotely decent... UGH... :crying2:

About the ONLY positive I can think of is that I'm getting better gas mileage now...LMAO...ummm....yeah...that's about it.

So, if you are thinking of taking this plunge, consider yourself warned...it's AWFUL...the scream of the maggie, the torque that's ultimately much more satisfying than the "pathetic" NA version, the crappy gas mileage, ...

UGH!

;)

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With an 09 V to tool around in, I just don't feel sorry for ya.:helpless:
LOL. Hush you...

It's very hard because I'm way too used to my '05 moving much better than it now is! The torque is way too intoxicating

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
LOL. Hush you...

It's very hard because I'm way too used to my '05 moving much better than it now is! The torque is way too intoxicating
I am very dissappointed you haven't brought by your new one and taken me for a ride.

Plus I need dip for my chips!

:histeric:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
so you gonna put the magnacharger up for sale?
Where you been? Bit of a story behind that :thepan:
But I'll give you the short version.......SOLD

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am very dissappointed you haven't brought by your new one and taken me for a ride.

Plus I need dip for my chips!

:histeric:
Of course!

I just wanted to get all the goodies installed beforehand. :yup:

Damn crankpulley is holding everything up. Soon though...very soon. :)

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Everyone feels sorry for you Luna as you sit in your '09 and weep. :crying:

:thepan:

I know what you're saying though, I could never go back to driving a non-maggied V.

It would feel so....naked....and so....non-jet propelled....

....I shudder at even the thought...

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
hmm...

I love my maggie!

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Well, it's been a little while since I removed Ms. Maggie from my '05 V and I have to say...DON'T EVER DO THIS...THIS IS PURE TORTURE... :banghead:

Due to the market/DOW eating turd lately (okay, today it was up 235 to close at ~8,500!), my uncle has put purchasing my '05 V on hold for a little while. As such, since the damn thing literally is LIKE NEW, I've changed my mind and decided that I might keep it and make it my daily driver (my '09V is now becoming my toy...:lildevil:). There ARE actually several things I do prefer on the '05V over my '09V...

HOWEVER, the lack of the supercharger is NOT one of them. MY GOD... It's sad when a 395 ft. lbs of torque motor is considered an "RPM" motor, but that's what it currently feels like to me now---I have to spin it to 4k+ to get it to feel even remotely decent... UGH... :crying2:

About the ONLY positive I can think of is that I'm getting better gas mileage now...LMAO...ummm....yeah...that's about it.

So, if you are thinking of taking this plunge, consider yourself warned...it's AWFUL...the scream of the maggie, the torque that's ultimately much more satisfying than the "pathetic" NA version, the crappy gas mileage, ...

UGH!

;)
Send me your maggie.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Life is a lot better with ms. maggie!!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,006 Posts
After Kmajecki got his maggie sorted out and running fine, he ended up taking his off, too, and is NA to this day. Though he hasn't actually said it, I bet he misses that silver b!tch just like you, Luna! :yup:

I agree with you. No way in heck I'm going back!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts