Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a filler panel for the decklid license plate surround? Vogue has one but too expensive and I don't like the horizonal louvers over the back-ups. Some manufacturer must be out there. Looks great on the "V". I had read it was going to be standard on all 04's but hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. Found a local shop that carrys the E&G Classics aftermarket mods.
They had the panel in stock. Had it installed today. Looks awesome (especially with my 3" dual exhaust chrome extensions). I also put a "Cadillac" script an the left side of the deck lid. Had the grille painted body color as well ("Blue Chip").
I have a CTS emblem on each front fender lined up with the body side molding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The panel is a stick on (as they all seem to be). Has the appearance of being perfectly flush though. Painted and installed it was $350.00 form a local custom shop (the Dealer was more). The problem they encountered was reinstalling my 1/2" wide chrome license plate frame with the plexiglass plate cover. Because the recessed license plate area of the panel is an overlay, the license mounting holes don't line up. New holes and mounting attachment had to be made into the panel. They checked with me first before they did it. Turned out great. The total effect even looks better than in pictures. I would post pictures of my mods if one of you "geeks" would send me an E-Mail on how to do it. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
On your initial post, you didn't care for the louvers over the back ups, does this one have the louvers. The E & G product is the only one I have seen. Did you use Florisun or find another trimmer in Ft Myers? I am developing some other products for the CTS and just wondered if you found another shop fairly strong in Cadillac restyling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah. This one has the louvers. But you know what? After I saw them on the car
I liked them. As I said above, the real thing looks better than pictures. And yes, I went to Florisun. They have a proven track record around here and they did a great job on the paint match. I was impressed with their facilities.They are heavy into E&G they are already ordering in the "V" type mesh grille.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
hapyctser said:
And yes, I went to Florisun. They have a proven track record around here and they did a great job on the paint match. I was impressed with their facilities.They are heavy into E&G they are already ordering in the "V" type mesh grille.
Albert and Biaggio are great guys. I've known them for many years.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Does anyone have experience & pictures of installing the E&G mesh grille? My wife now agrees that the stock grille has got to go.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yeah blt make sure to gimme some info also....btw if you want to sponsor me that would be nice also....take a look at my cts via the link at the bottom here

·
Registered
60 Posts
A couple of hours ago I signed up to be a supporting vender and I am not sure what I am permitted to do just yet so someone tell me if this is not allowed.

We are prepping a OEM CTS grill to be coated with a carbon fiber finish. This first effort will be a basic carbon fiber look and later we plan on using OEM color as a base before the CF is applied. If it goes as well as I expect, it will be a super look.

I have a couple of other CTS products in the works but I think They should be in another location. As soon as I am sure of your procedures, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Thanks for signing up BLT. Also scroll down the main page, and youll see your very own forum. I dont see a problem with you posting info here as well though.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts