Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My license plate lamps stoped working is there a fuse for this somewhere or has anyone had any problems like this?
:hmm:

Thanks!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Txao1051 said:
My license plate lamps stoped working is there a fuse for this somewhere or has anyone had any problems like this?
:hmm:

Thanks!
Check the bulbs first if they ain't blown there is a junction plate under the right rear fender

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i'm in the process of switching out all my lamps to LED to give her that extra element

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a picture of your tail lights? Im king of apprehensive about switching those.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
470 Posts

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
mikedyk43 said:
Post a pic of them here if you don't mind...
Ok I will give me a few minutes

Update I am having issues with the site not letting me upload the pic no clue why it is doing this arrg mike if I email you the pic can you try to upload it?
It says I am exceeding my quota for some odd reson I guess the pic is a higher resolution then I thought(I tried cropping it but no luck)

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
470 Posts
Ok I will give me a few minutes

Update I am having issues with the site not letting me upload the pic no clue why it is doing this arrg mike if I email you the pic can you try to upload it?
It says I am exceeding my quota for some odd reson I guess the pic is a higher resolution then I thought(I tried cropping it but no luck)
Sure I can put it up for you. I recommend using photobucket. It lets you store photos online and you can simply post the link from any photo you've uploaded and then this forum doesn't have to host the photo (no quota overages)

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats nice on your trucks. I have a White EXT... trying to use my immagination but cant seem to do it. hmmm. Are the connections the same or does it require some electrical work.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Txao1051 said:
Thats nice on your trucks. I have a White EXT... trying to use my immagination but cant seem to do it. hmmm. Are the connections the same or does it require some electrical work.
They are plug and play(you just plug them in like a regular bulb) but they are available with red lens(which mimic the stock housings)
Here is the site I got mine from www.carid.com

Also thanks for helping me post the pics of my taillights

·
Registered
2006 Escalade
470 Posts
I'm afraid you will not be able to find LED taillights for an EXT. For some reason noone makes them. They are available for an Avalanche but the housing won't line up perfectly with the body mouldings of an Escalade. You can decide whether or not this would bother you.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
mikedyk43 said:
I'm afraid you will not be able to find LED taillights for an EXT. For some reason noone makes them. They are available for an Avalanche but the housing won't line up perfectly with the body mouldings of an Escalade. You can decide whether or not this would bother you.
You can try avalanche taillights(not sure if they a exactly the same)

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea if they dont fit PERFECTLY, it would bother me every day and i would probably cry a little every time i see em.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Txao1051 said:
yea if they dont fit PERFECTLY, it would bother me every day and i would probably cry a little every time i see em.
I am the same way I am going to have to replace one of the taillights as one of the LEDs is failing(thanks to the shop not checking the the ring around the socket and it bugs me like crazy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts