Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
Rodney i know if you would quit spouting off a bunch of misinformation everyone would be happier.

How about a vote between Gixxer or Rodney? I vote for Rodney's spouting and Gixxer being silent..

Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS Premium, 3.6L LFX, AWD
Rodney i know if you would quit spouting off a bunch of misinformation everyone would be happier.

How about a vote between Gixxer or Rodney? I vote for Rodney's spouting and Gixxer being silent..
I'm sorry, do you have first hand experience with the stage 1 overkill supercharger kit?
馃憤
馃
馃憥

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD

I personally don't care. I have talked to Will and Tracy who made the system. I plan to have parts of Will's kit in my car and will actually told me he is excited to tune my car when I get it done. Already have some components from Wills kit in my car. Will has a great SC kit. And if I am successful with mine and it is workable it may end up as an option to use with his kit minus his SC. But because these superchargers are no longer in production and only a few hundred of them left it will be a limited setup.

I am not concerned with all of the numbers, I am interested in what I can produce on the car. Eaton M122 super chargers will put out more air than this LFX can handle, as can the SC that is in Will kit. What is lost in Effiency will be made up in the fact the Twin screw SC makes it off Idle and a Centrifugal charger has to spin up. In theory based off the numbers I have, this blower SHOULD be able to outperform the SC Will has in his kit, but if you were to get one and it was to be fabricated the way I am doing mine it would likely cost far more than the kit he has now. I should be in well under $1000 for just the SC but it will be a one off and hand made. I will have to add parts of Wills kit or find them on my own. Will has already done the engineering and has told me he is more than happy to sell me the components.

To make a similar system based on the newer Magnuson SC's you would be lucky to have it up and running for $10k. I was quoted $5000 from Tracy to do a 1900 top mounted but would have required cutting into my hood and letting it stick out through the hood a few inches. He has done them on Camaros but only a few. The M122 Eaton will push more air through than a TVS 1900.

Registered
I personally don't care. I have talked to Will and Tracy who made the system. I plan to have parts of Will's kit in my car and will actually told me he is excited to tune my car when I get it done. Already have some components from Wills kit in my car. Will has a great SC kit. And if I am successful with mine and it is workable it may end up as an option to use with his kit minus his SC. But because these superchargers are no longer in production and only a few hundred of them left it will be a limited setup.

I am not concerned with all of the numbers, I am interested in what I can produce on the car. Eaton M122 super chargers will put out more air than this LFX can handle, as can the SC that is in Will kit. What is lost in Effiency will be made up in the fact the Twin screw SC makes it off Idle and a Centrifugal charger has to spin up. In theory based off the numbers I have, this blower SHOULD be able to outperform the SC Will has in his kit, but if you were to get one and it was to be fabricated the way I am doing mine it would likely cost far more than the kit he has now. I should be in well under $1000 for just the SC but it will be a one off and hand made. I will have to add parts of Wills kit or find them on my own. Will has already done the engineering and has told me he is more than happy to sell me the components.

To make a similar system based on the newer Magnuson SC's you would be lucky to have it up and running for $10k. I was quoted $5000 from Tracy to do a 1900 top mounted but would have required cutting into my hood and letting it stick out through the hood a few inches. He has done them on Camaros but only a few. The M122 Eaton will push more air through than a TVS 1900.
super, every response is the same. except this time you actually said you dont care about the numbers. which means you dont know what to expect from it, and all those psi numbers that are getting thrown around are the stuff of day dreams. Good luck to you. I sincerely mean that, Its not the project that i have an issue with. its the misinformation. I accidentally started my project this evening because it was so warm in my garage. Seemed like the safest time to get the bumper off and get a good look at things

New forum : 2013 CTS AWD - Overkill install - I will get what i can on film.

Unfortunately my GoPro is only really set up for wearing my motorcycle helmet. I have one to clip to the bill of a hat but obviously it really torques on the hat. Im not sure how long i will be able to tolerate it if it works. Looks like i will be starting with moving the horns, and relocating the ECM, also i will film a recap of what i did to remove the bumper. Anybody interested in a start to finish install including new HIDs, full tune up, probably an intake cleaning: i will start uploading GoPro footage to my youtube channel that is usually private. its all illegal footage of me on 1 wheel or doing 150-190mph, I dont want to self incriminate. Let me know if it blocks access so i can adjust settings for public view of just the car

Registered
I have noticed quite a few posts of people looking for how to's on some seemingly easier tasks like changing the headlamps. Well turns out, from my perspective of taking off the bumper while my garage had a fluke warm day, those aren't exactly simple tasks lol. I dont think that anyone would be changing there headlight first time around with out taking off the bumper. So I am going to start posting everything I do up to and including the Stage 2 install in this forum.
2013 CTS AWD - Overkill install
I loaded a recap of the bumper and how to get the headlamp out of the housing so far. It appeared i could pull my PCV valve. And I did. I dont recommend that anyone attempt this with the aluminum valve covers. I am uploading that as well. It was not pretty, and I only tried since I am getting a older model plastic valve cover with the overkill breather already installed from Will. But it us possible in a way. I doubt installing a replacement would be a clean install 馃槻

61 - 65 of 65 Posts