Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking for any info on LFX Overkill supercharger stage 1 installs without any other mods or alterations. Planning to order one.

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested in reviews from anyone who has installed the supercharger.

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
Everyone that I have talked to that has one has loved it. The only issue is off the line acceleration isn't great because it doesn't really kick in until about 3000 rpm. But once you hit 3000 rpm hold on tight...

You may want to do some upgrades to it if you don't like the performance out of the box or just want to go a little faster. With the LFX you don't need any changes to the fuel system except a sensor to run E85 if you have it available in your area. With an AWD you have to be careful with a higher stall convertor. We have a member that shreaded his rear drive shaft on a hard take off with a high stall convertor and the Overkill SC. He was able to have a new custom one made for about $1500. So be aware of that.

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Redheadedrod, any issues getting by the brake distribution box with the intake tubing?

Registered
Three things will be relocated using new components.
#1, The blower goes over where the power steering tank now lays. This tank will be replaced and relocated next to your brake master cylinder. I have this in my car now for a project I am working on.

#2, The power steering cooler that is in front of the radiator will be removed and a new one relocated to give room for the intercooler.

#3, The washer fluid tank will be removed and a smaller one will be relocated to the firewall on the passenger side. (In my car I will be relocating it to the area previously occupied by the air intake box) This provides the space for the pipe to go around the radiator on the passenger side.

The air box will be removed and not replaced.

The horns will be moved to a strip mounted to the front of the bumper. They are moved to relocate the PCM.

The PCM will be relocated from being mounted to the inside of the area below the air box to where the horns were mounted. Basically in front of the drivers side wheel.

Moving the PCM is necissary to allow the air piping to the other side of the intercooler.

So basically the super charger is mounted in front of the power steering pump, the air intake and discharge for it go through the area the air box was in. The discharge goes to the intercooler, then from the intercooler comes out the passenger side up to the air intake. The blow off valve is in front of the intake.

I don't have one in my car but I have studied how he installed that stuff because I am getting ready to install a custom super charger into my car. The one I am installing is a twin screw style and should provide more power. If successful mine will be installed where the alternator is now and I will be installing the alternator by the power steering pump. Then I will likely use the same setup Will has but it will be plumbed in the other direction and my air intake will pull from the same airbox the cabin filter now does. To my knowledge no one has mounted a blower in this fashion to the 3.6. The main difference between my setup and will's is that mine will make pressure at idle where as will's will at about 3500. And no I don't plan to do any more. I am basically fabing 2 and one is going to a forum member. He may not run an intercooler with his and just run meth. We are using a supercharger known to make over 700hp on a V8 so it is a bit of overkill but they are cheap and if it works it will allow us to use a bigger pulley and not have to worry about as warm of air. As soon as I have my truck back on the road I will be pulling my alternator to check for clearance and mounting options.

I have had issues being sick this summer and working on my truck. Mounted an H2 rear end on my 03 Avalanche and have to drop the transfer case and change out some seals. Also building what was originally a 6.0 into a 6.7L engine ready for a blower. Moved my mom to Colorado and helping my daughter with her divorce so its been a busy summer. Since my Caddi is my daily driver I can't do anything that will keep it down until I have the truck back on the road.

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #7
Would like to hear about your supercharger project as you progress.

Registered
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium
I would like to hear updates also. I have contacted Will about buying his supercharger, but I want a few other items as well and waiting for feedback from him. I have a 2012 AWD so can't get too crazy with the extra HP, but I will admit that I would like some lower rpm power if possible.

Registered
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium
Not yet. I sent him a message in June asking questions, but no reply. I found most of the answers I needed. Now I just want to buy his setup but need to clarify a few things and order some stuff outside of him. I sent him a message a few days ago, hoping to hear soon. I am anxious to make this happen.

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #11
I also am waiting for a reply to a couple questions before I order the stage 1 kit. I read some where in this forum ( I forgot who ) he had issues with Vortech and replacing them with Procharger superchargers. He needed to alter some mounts and piping and said he should be ready to go at the end of august.I have heard great reviews on the kits and tunes but massive problems with communication. That worries me, I want to order a kit but need answers first.

Registered
He uses Vortech. He has issues with a different offbrand SC and changed from that because they stopped making them. I actually have some of the old brackets that I got from Tracy Lewis to try and help with my installation. I have to have my truck back on the road before I can do much. And I have been too busy to get back to my truck.. I hopefully will have my truck back on the road this month (October) and can start tinkering with my car. I MAY also try a version that mounts on top of the motor as well but will require a chopped up hood. If I try this I MAY just go with it. Having it stick out of the hood won't be bad if I paint it to match. Or just leave it black too. Just have to cut the hood to allow it to come out. We shall see. I have to pick up some more superchargers before I try that. And need to tinker with my Welder and method to cut aluminum.

Registered
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium
He uses Vortech. He has issues with a different offbrand SC and changed from that because they stopped making them. I actually have some of the old brackets that I got from Tracy Lewis to try and help with my installation. I have to have my truck back on the road before I can do much. And I have been too busy to get back to my truck.. I hopefully will have my truck back on the road this month (October) and can start tinkering with my car. I MAY also try a version that mounts on top of the motor as well but will require a chopped up hood. If I try this I MAY just go with it. Having it stick out of the hood won't be bad if I paint it to match. Or just leave it black too. Just have to cut the hood to allow it to come out. We shall see. I have to pick up some more superchargers before I try that. And need to tinker with my Welder and method to cut aluminum.
You seem to be up to date on Will. Any chance you can put in a good word for me and maybe nudge him to help me spend my money? ;)

Registered
I don't have any special connections to Will but I have talked to him in the past. I know what is available because I have purchased much of it and I also watch Camaro groups and what they do.

Will is an accountant in his day job and does the performance stuff on his spare time so he is slow in responding. You just have to keep trying to contact hm. It can be frustrating. Bu no one else does the job he does.

Registered
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium
Ok, I don't mind trying. I don't want to be a pest so not sure the frequency with which to send messages. I understand as I have an extremely busy life as well.

Thanks for the response!

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE, I heard from Will at Overkill. The site has been updated, at least for CTS. He said he has been selling his Procharger kits and it's 2-3 weeks between order and shipping.

On a personals note, I told Mrs. mikol51 that I wanted to order an Overkill supercharger to keep her in the loop, it's a large purchase. She asked why? Hadn't I told her the car ran great?
Well, yes I did. Her response was, then it's irrational to spend that kind of money on it if it runs well. Ok yes, she's very practical.
Then she stated that the car was very impractical, to start with it's to hard to get in and out of because it is too low to the ground and only has two big heavy doors instead of four. Yes your right.
She went on, the seats aren't plush enough they're too hard. Ok yes, I wanted the vented seats. The car is essentially a two seater, only our two year old grandson can climb in and out of the back seat easily. Yes true. The trunk is too small. Yes it is but I can get two golf bags in it. You use two cars because you don't drive the caddy in any weather other than sunny days. Yes, that's right.
The car sits under a cover taking up garage space all winter. Yes, it does.
Let it be known I ALWAYS agree with my wife and I can't wait for it to get here.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
Let it be known I ALWAYS agree with my wife and I can't wait for it to get here.
Excellent tactic. Your marriage works well. ;)
I'm currently practicing a similar technique and am in the midst of trying to convince my wife that building a bar in my basement is a bad idea.

Registered
2014 CTS4 COUPE
Discussion Starter #20
An accountant, an Amsoil shop owner, a mechanic savant, this guy has got to be busy. Maybe try titling your email - ordering question - would help.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts