Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone else is excited to see the Lexus LX event on October 13th. I test drove a Lexus LX several months ago before ordering an Escalade and the tech was very outdated. Hoping the tech is comparable to an Escalade and I can get one alot quicker.

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light

·
Registered
2021 Escalade ESV Sport
202 Posts
Most definitely. Had 3 Lexus prior to the ‘21 Escalade. All were reliable as can be.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Super excited for the LX. I bought my ‘03 GX470 back in 2003 and it’s still as solid as it was back in ‘03. I have some off-roading parts coming in to get it lifted and add some bigger tires. I will pass this thing to my grandkids lol. Toyota V8s are bulletproof just like GM V8s.

The only reason I didn’t go with the LX was because of how crammed it is inside. The second row bench seat only allows 2 car seats comfortably and third row is useless with any car seats. Forget about trunk space if you’re using the 3rd row seats.

Other than that LX is a phenomenal SUV and the new one looks amazing. I also love the new Tundra!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
It will be cool but it’s not coming to NA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Of course it is. The Landcruiser announced several months ago is not but the LX definitely is. The announcement is in EST
oh wow. did not know that. it will be cool for sure

Reactions: Carguyatl

·
Registered
2021 Escalade Duramax Supercruise
63 Posts
Curious if anyone else is excited to see the Lexus LX event on October 13th. I test drove a Lexus LX several months ago before ordering an Escalade and the tech was very outdated. Hoping the tech is comparable to an Escalade and I can get one alot quicker.

View attachment 606259
Have you seen the upcoming Grand Wagoneer? The tech is amazing, It's a strong competitor to the Escalade, and it will have semi-autonomous driving. The LX has A LOT of catching up to do in order to be as competitive and Toyota / Lexus tends to avoid a lot of massive changes all at once.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
210 Posts
Have you seen the upcoming Grand Wagoneer? The tech is amazing, It's a strong competitor to the Escalade, and it will have semi-autonomous driving. The LX has A LOT of catching up to do in order to be as competitive and Toyota / Lexus tends to avoid a lot of massive changes all at once.
I have a feeling most if the features that appeal to you are ones I would pay extra not to have. The appeal of my Escalade, the Landcruiser. etc is the strong reliable V8 and driveline. I am disappointed I can't get a manual trans. The only Jeep SUV's might be of interest are the Hemi SRT ones😊

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a feeling most if the features that appeal to you are ones I would pay extra not to have. The appeal of my Escalade, the Landcruiser. etc is the strong reliable V8 and driveline. I am disappointed I can't get a manual trans. The only Jeep SUV's might be of interest are the Hemi SRT ones😊
Agreed. I am also not a fan of any Jeep besides a wrangler.
Looks like some pics are starting to leak before the event.

Tire Car Vehicle Grille Hood

·
Registered
‘12 Infiniti EX35 ‘06 R52 Mini Cooper S ‘21 Escalade ESV Sport on order
103 Posts

View attachment 606259
Saw the reveal today, I like it and considering it if it doesn’t work out with my ‘22 order. My main issue is the lack of a panoramic sunroof, curious of why they made that decision when even pickup trucks have them. I’m also surprised they didn’t make the hybrid the standard engine, tuned for premium, close to 500 horses and over 600+ lbs of torque would be great👍

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saw the reveal today, I like it and considering it if it doesn’t work out with my ‘22 order. My main issue is the lack of a panoramic sunroof, curious of why they made that decision when even pickup trucks have them. I’m also surprised they didn’t make the hybrid the standard engine, tuned for premium, close to 500 horses and over 600+ lbs of torque would be great👍
Completely agree. The 2nd row is gorgeous just not a fan of the shifter and the sunroof. The vehicle is huge and the sunroof is the standard size.
Vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Mode of transport Motor vehicle

·
Registered
132 Posts
Look where they have the front passenger seat for that picture. It's laughable. Like most of these 7 passenger suvs, you choose between a barely usable third row or a trunk but you can never have both. Not an option for families that use the third row all the time. Still left with escalade and navigator as only things that claim to be luxury vehicle and are big enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts