Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I went a little overboard with the title but I wanted to catch your attention. I just sat in the Lexus LX470 - their "big" SUV. They have their big one, the LX470, a middle one, the GX470 which is about the same height - just a little thinner, and the RX330, their small SUV.

The LX470 costs about $70k or a little over when full loaded.. It's terribly overpriced, in my opinion. The leather on the seats, instead of resembling the semi-analine of the LS430, more closely resembled the leather in a Toyota Camry. I can't even believe they wouldn't use their best leather in their most expensive vehicle. It's also small! Shorter in length than the LS430. It felt cramped inside. The LS430 felt more roomy. Isn't an SUV supposed to be big? It felt like the driver's side window was in my way - and I couldn't rest my arm near the window because there's not enough room. My arm kept falling off.

The interior is very well laid-out and luxurious-looking, but it's just too small. I'm understanding that the new Escalade will have a much better interior than the current model. If you're considering an SUV and the Lexus LX470 is on your list, wait until January when the new Escalade is rolling around. The Lincoln Navigator also had plenty of room and was more comfortable than the LX470. The Infiniti QX56, however, is the plushest out of all the SUVs I've sat in so far. I don't hear many good things about it's build quality - though 0-60 in 6.8 is quite impressive.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
We (parents) have an LX470. Its super comfy, rides like a cloud, and has a vault-like cabin. Wind noise? Road noise? None! There's plenty of power too. Interior room is a bit of a joke, especially the hilarious third row which is only good for poodles. I think its ugly as sin.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Never driven an LS other than the LS400, and that one was already 14 years old. I thought it was more carlike than the short-wheelbase Escalade I drove last year, with less intrusive drivetrain noises and a more supple ride over rough surfaces. Not sure about handling, since I never trust big trucks enough to really test them around corners. It felt acceptably secure and tracked well down the highway. The LX470 could really use some more power. I was driving it alone, and while it wasn't bad, I suspect it starts to get sluggish with a few passengers and luggage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts