Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I have the maggie on, the front of my car sits a little lower than the rear. It doesn't help that I just put a new set of Nitto Nt-05's on and the rears are a little taller than the fronts. If I want to level the V out, should I just get a set of shorter rear springs? If so, where can I get them? Does anyone have something that would work that they want to sell me?

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Get in touch with Nels. He's got the lowering kit for the rear shocks. People usually put them in when they install springs, but....

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I have been pondering the same thing but it has been too cold and I have been too busy to deal with it.

Check MightyMouse's old thread about his nivomat fix. He cut his stock springs and adjusted the top shock mount and has great results.

And when you're finished, you can come up to PA and do mine. ;)

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent him a pm. Cutting the rear coils? Really? Is this the best way to go?

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
Would just installing the nels rear spacer do anything without changeing out the rear springs? Cuting the stock coils sounds halfass, imo

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, before I do anything else, if I can get a spacer from Nels, I'm just going to do that first and report my results. Other than sending a PM, does anyone have a way to get a hold of Nels?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,005 Posts
This thread is hilarious!

After getting the spare tire kit and putting a spare tire in the well, I bought a maggie to level the car out! :highfive:

j/k But, at least this may give you an alternative to the springs.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
are there any examples/pics of a :v: with just lower rear springs floating around on here??? I cant drop the front of my car any lower because of my steep driveway

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Ground control sells just the springs, for like 70 bucks. You'll also need to get the top and bottum mounting points for the rear.
Just a thought...

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
reverse rake?
naaa, just so the rear tire gap matches the gap in the front..

Ground control sells just the springs, for like 70 bucks. You'll also need to get the top and bottum mounting points for the rear.
Just a thought...
good idea but if i have to buy anything over $100 just to lower the rear, i will just cut my losses and spring for the "street performance" or "hot rod caddy " Ground control setup... then i can adjust my ride height until i'm satisfied...

i dunnno maybe ill stop giving a $hit if I scrape and get the H&R kit w/ zo6 ends... i love that stance

twitch, your lowered and in my area, how is a lowered V on our $hitty streets.????

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts