Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings from Sweden!

I have an 2007 Escalade base model and a few weeks ago I noticed that the air ride compressor was no longer turning on.
Ordered a new set of shocks and a compressor. Installed it and found out that the old shocks were leaking and the compressor was siezed up. No surprices since it has done a 100000 miles.
Also the 40amp fuse under the hood was blown as a result of the compressor siezing up.

Installed everything and replaced the blown fuse, but the compressor still wont run. Not even the 2-3 seconds of self test when I turn the ignition on.

The relay works as I have tested it out of curcuit and the compressor run if I hotwire it in the relay connector. I have tested all the fuses under the hood and inside the driver door area.
I also disconnected the battery for 20 minutes to reset all the electronics. I have no fault codes and no messages in the DIC.

What am I missing here? :(

Best Regards
Martin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Air Ride compressor mystery. Really need help with this one.

I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, actually it helps alot. I have narrowed it down to pin 86 not getting ground from the control module.
But I really dont know where to go from here...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much for taking your time to help me out on this :)
It's gonna take a day or two before I can continue on this. Life gets in the way ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
No problem I’m glad I’m able to help. when you get back to it let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All right, I finally got this sorted out. The solution was so simple.
Since everything was working before the compressor died it was unlikely that the module was at fault.
So I took the wire harness from the old compressor assembly and wired the power to the motor to a bulb instead and connected it to the car.
Turned the ignition on and the bulb lit up for a few seconds as it did the self test. Success!!

Turns out it was the pressure switch on the new compressor assembly that was bad and probably read high pressure all the time.
Replaced itt with the old one and everything works now :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would check electrical connections first bc the 2007-2011 was known to have faulty positive & negative cables. You can also try to clean existing with sand paper. If your truck is not getting a good power connection it can call the compressor to do this. The passenger side under hood firewall there is a BUSS 175 amp fuse where it is also knowing to go bad with out noticing anything. The costs $5 to buy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your reply but I got this figured out already. The pressure switch on the new compressor assembly was faulty and read high pressure all the time ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
All right, I finally got this sorted out. The solution was so simple.
Since everything was working before the compressor died it was unlikely that the module was at fault.
So I took the wire harness from the old compressor assembly and wired the power to the motor to a bulb instead and connected it to the car.
Turned the ignition on and the bulb lit up for a few seconds as it did the self test. Success!!

Turns out it was the pressure switch on the new compressor assembly that was bad and probably read high pressure all the time.
Replaced itt with the old one and everything works now :)
Well I’m glad you were able to fix your Escalade and it was a simple fix

1 - 15 of 15 Posts