Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so the new 08 is almost out, us guys with the older CTS now have a whole slew of new parts that we can acquire from the new design.
list your ideas.

first off for me is the engine compartment:

notice the new engine cover which would look nice under my hood
AND the new strut tower brace. hmm seems like it would bend pretty easy, I might stick with getting the current strut tower brace (stiff and boxy)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm 13.6 inch brakes are also a new 08 option. and they are for a five lug hub just like ours.

those should be a nice retrofit :)

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
i want the all wheel drive option. So i want the drive train Maybe someone in florida will total a 08 that way i can start some monster mods. Also the interior heard they're using a new fiber for the leather anyone know anything about that

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
Also the whole front clip , I like the way the front of the 08 looks ,but not the back reminds me to much of a dts, plus the 08 looks heavier . Whats the weight of the 08 cts?

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
It is heavier for sure. I think by like 4 to 5 hundred pounds.

I dont think converting the interior would be an easy task. I think it would be much easier to get interior parts from an 07 SRX.

That would be pretty cool to do the brakes Kael! How much work you think is involved with that?

I am eye balling those rims from the 08! Just waiting for someone to total one out! LOL! :highfive::thepan:

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
Kael's probably got the only reasonable ideas. The brakes would probably come off pretty easy and the engine cover could probably work with some cutting.

AWD is out. Front clip is out. Taillights are out.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
I am eye balling those rims from the 08! Just waiting for someone to total one out! LOL! :highfive::thepan:

:bigroll:

you mean like YOU did :lol:

:thepan::stirpot::thepan::stirpot::eek::want::)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
kael, how bout them fender vents :stirpot:

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
Kael's probably got the only reasonable ideas. The brakes would probably come off pretty easy and the engine cover could probably work with some cutting.

AWD is out. Front clip is out. Taillights are out.
never say never man. if they share the same platform as the first gen cts. its not out, as well as the front clip.

·
Registered
2003 1SC Diamond White CTS
3,281 Posts
never say never man. if they share the same platform as the first gen cts. its not out, as well as the front clip.
Every piece of sheet metal is different on the new car. As well as being wider and longer. You try to take off the front clip and taillights and try and put them on your car to see what happens.

You'll end up with the Honda CTS... anybody got that picture laying around? TONS of body work to make it fit.

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
Every piece of sheet metal is different on the new car. As well as being wider and longer. You try to take off the front clip and taillights and try and put them on your car to see what happens.

You'll end up with the Honda CTS... anybody got that picture laying around? TONS of body work to make it fit.

Ahhh , heard some new things tha made me change my aspect. The salesman said its not a constant AWd it's varable Awd not a fan of that ,or the tailights. the front end i actually seen in person last night at local car show , and didnt like it. Looks llike it would self destruct on any form of impact to it. I love the way my current cts looks.
Anybody know the platform code for the 1st gen cts , and the newer one?
it looks like its' sitting on a sts platform.

·
Registered
2006, Raven Black, Y43, six speed, V-exhaust.
149 Posts
There may be some pieces to help with our wheelhop issues. We'll see if they retrofit.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well thenew ct sis based off of the current STS in size and dimension so the new body panels won't fit with just a bolt on.

the current cts has the holes in the frame to mount an awd drivetrain.
the awd that is being used in the 08cts is actually right out of the srx, not so bad but its not performance oriented.

so theoretically you could find a wrecked srx and bolt the awd drive train into a pre 08 cts.

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
I want the FOB if it is the one we saw a peek of a few months ago.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts