Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought it would be fun to hear some of your experiences with the valets. I am always amazed that EVERY time I go, the valet flip out and cant believe its a V. I dont think Ive ever not had it parked in front VIP immediately, without ever asking. They park it by SL 55's, BMW 7 series, Ferraris, etc... and they still always GAWK at the V...to me that is the ultimate compliment.

(of course im sure all of you also have horror stories with the Valet vs. Our Parking Breaks, lol.) One time he got out after he only put the parking break down partially, on a hill facing traffic, and he had to run back in and slam on the breaks before he rolled my car into oncoming traffic :want:

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
I don't have any valet stories cause there's no way in hell someone else is driving/parking my car.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Like the stories where they take off with the E-Brake still engaged and I'm flipping out :thepan:. That's after telling them where it's located. Yeah, I have one of those stories :want:

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I don't have any valet stories cause there's no way in hell someone else is driving/parking my car.
:yeah: almost

There are others who I have let drive my car, but not without me in it and sure as hell no one I will leave the keys with and go out of sight of such as a valet.

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Like the stories where they take off with the E-Brake still engaged and I'm flipping out :thepan:. That's after telling them where it's located. Yeah, I have one of those stories :want:
Not mine but a fellow Lotus owner had one of these. The parking break was left on. Afterwards the Esprit was trailered from Branson Missouri to Fox Valley Lotus in Chicago for a new clutch, flywheel and new rear brake pads all on the hotel's bill. OUCH!

Feff

·
Registered
Platinum 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
301 Posts
Valet the V once... and never again... I was way to disturbed by the fact that when they pulled my car around the valets were smiling and giggling like a pair of school girls... i immediately thought about Ferris Beulers day off... good news is most valets will leave the car on the ramp if you take care of them with a nice tip... car stays on the ramp, and the keys stay in my pocket.

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTS-V
181 Posts
I pull up, just like usual and give the keys to the valet. Mind you when I do this I am also pulling crutches out of the back seat, with a full CAST on my left ankle, since I did something bad to my ankle which was why I was at the hospital, and just like any hospital I'm not trucking it from 1/4 mile away in crutches so the $3 is well worth it. I go inside and find out that nothing is broken, but I did rip a couple tendons. Okay...not the first time. I ask the doc what I can have that will still allow me to drive a manual.

He says: Why would you do that?
me: Well I drive a cadi!
He says: Why the stick then?!
me: Cause that's what I do!

Meanwhile the girls of the office are gaulking at my mutli color ankle/foot saying "How can you walk on that?". He gives me a script for a walking air cast, which I go and get down the hall.

I go downstairs with crutches in hand with my shiny new $280 shoe (air cast). As I am walking toward the valet I hear the one guy, who I didn't have any dealings with, "Yo it's the dude with that dope Cadi!". I nod my head yes. He recants the story of his counterpart jumping in my car, after seeing me pull the crutches out, and trying to start it. Then he realized that there was a third pedal. To which all that either of them can say is "How the F! did you drive here?

....and my answer "I'm a F'n bad ass!" and left the valet circle sideways, even using a walking cast on the clutch! :D

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
question (kind of off-topic)...

my e-brake seems ineffective, but i want to make sure it's not just me not pushing it in hard enough (??)... i push it all the way, past the point where it makes a little 'click'. i mean put all my weight on it. even then, if i get out of the car, and get behind it and push, i can make it creep along. because of that, i've always got to be conscious of putting the car in 1st if i'm on a decline, or R if i'm on an incline... putting the wheels facing the curb, etc.

how far down should i have to push the e-brake for it to actually ENGAGE? is that something that's covered by warranty?

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
question (kind of off-topic)...

my e-brake seems ineffective, but i want to make sure it's not just me not pushing it in hard enough (??)... i push it all the way, past the point where it makes a little 'click'. i mean put all my weight on it. even then, if i get out of the car, and get behind it and push, i can make it creep along. because of that, i've always got to be conscious of putting the car in 1st if i'm on a decline, or R if i'm on an incline... putting the wheels facing the curb, etc.

how far down should i have to push the e-brake for it to actually ENGAGE? is that something that's covered by warranty?

Mine does the same thing. I have to press it fully to the floor for it to work at all. It works fine rearward, but about useless forward.. I asked on another post and got the reply that it would be covered under warranty to get it fixed...

Now back on topic.. I never let anyone drive my car.. Dealership is it!!

·
Registered
Cadillac 06' CTS-V
140 Posts
NFW is a valet touching the V. Have had bad experiences in the past with other vehicles.......they are not worthy.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Have not let a Valet touch my V yet and don't plan to. I would guess the only nice cars Valet's drive would be other peoples cars and they would drive the hell out of the V!

Only I can drive the hell out of my V...

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
all i do is tell them that there is a valet system on the car if they go over 30mph i can tell and their boss will be finding out.

Usually works... they get all glassey eyed...

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts
I've had to valet mine a couple of times because of parking downtown in a lot that only had valet or staying at a hotel with only valet. Almost every time they have to find someone who knows how to drive a stick and usually it's returned to me with the parking brake still on or the hood pop'ed. I really need to add a valet switch but I do note the mileage and reset the "dots" on the nav prior to handing over the keys and I've never had a Ferris Bueler episode.

My boss (who also drives a V but thankfully had this happen to a rental not his car) valet parked in downtown Chicago and had his briefcase/computer in the back seat. He started to move it to the trunk and the valet guy said "don't worry about that, I'll put it in the trunk for you sir". You can guess the rest of the story, he returned from dinner to find the valet had not moved the stuff to the trunk, the window was smashed and his computer and luggage was gone.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,005 Posts
... 30mph ...
All I can see is two big black stripes on the parking lot pavement stopping just as they reach 29 MPH. :eek:

NOBODY drives my car unless it's my son (drives like he's older than I am), my wife ('cause I gotta sometimes), or if I'm glaring at the person :eye: while sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
I have used a valet once. Paid him enough to keep it right in front. I my wife laughs at me. If we go to dinner I will pull up to the front, jump out and let her out. Go put my car in the middle of no where (mean it takes me 5 minutes to get back to her!). By the time I sit down my drink is on the table the appetizer is ordered. Where we live in FL some days there are heavy down pours and I will still not park with the general public. I do not want my car getting dinged by some ahole that is drunk or some little kid who doesn't care.

·
Registered
06 V, 3M Clear Bra, UUC, LPE CAI, Kooks(deleted cats), Corsa
41 Posts
I try to avoid them. But, when they are unavoidable, I have the valet manager do a walk-around with me and agree my car is flawless...I then have him sign the valet ticket (our contract) agreeing there was no damage. They usually take extra good care of the car after that!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Redline
743 Posts
Have not let a Valet touch my V yet and don't plan to. I would guess the only nice cars Valet's drive would be other peoples cars and they would drive the hell out of the V!

Only I can drive the hell out of my V...
Are we forgetting someone here.... Gergreg... this means all valets must have at least one nice car if he has 1.5 nice cars.:stirpot:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts