Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed car seats have gotten shorter in recent years? I find sitting for any length of time causes my legs to fall asleep:crying2: . I have been looking for a solution, maybe sheepskin seat cover, not sure. Anyone have a similar problem and or a solution?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
malcolmd said:
Has anyone noticed car seats have gotten shorter in recent years? I find sitting for any length of time causes my legs to fall asleep:crying2: . I have been looking for a solution, maybe sheepskin seat cover, not sure. Anyone have a similar problem and or a solution?
I have this problem too. Particularly when i drive my Rover 114, my wife's Astra, My dads Vectra (mine has additional support) or in the Escalade. I find that putting a cushion in front of the seat (standing vertically against the front of the base) works for me.

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking around the web for solutions without much success. I am wondering if the DTS buckets would bolt up. I have actually considered dumping the STS for the DTS but really don't want to take the 9 grand hit it would cost me to do that. Anyone think changing seats is crazy? Maybe a custom upholstry shop could extend the seat?

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I would really like to do is get an old school Caddy seat in there. I always liked the old ones. This isn't just a Caddy thing either I notice in rentals I have been in all the seats seem short. I want a rolling sofa.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
malcolmd said:
What I would really like to do is get an old school Caddy seat in there. I always liked the old ones. This isn't just a Caddy thing either I notice in rentals I have been in all the seats seem short. I want a rolling sofa.
What about Captain seats out of a van? You might lose your console.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Buy an older Caddy! :D

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Yeaaaa....wallet being too fat isn't often a problem with me...unless I've got a fat arse wad of ones...then it just sucks... ... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Ralph