Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Performance trim 2007 CTS w/Sport Appearance & Performace Pkg - Sold
79 Posts
I think all this chip does is fool the stock computer that the air intake readings are different from what they really are. They are all over eBay and I think that its all just parts you could probably pick up at radioshack. I have never had one, I am just going by what other people have said on other forums.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
there are no legitimate chips for our cars. the best thing to do is to get a tune if you have a 3.6L from HPTuners. if you have a 3.2L, good luck getting a tune. the best i have gotten is a custom tune from a guy who dont want to do any more for the 3.2L cause of the difficulty level

·
Registered
CTS 3.2
196 Posts
there are no legitimate chips for our cars. the best thing to do is to get a tune if you have a 3.6L from HPTuners. if you have a 3.2L, good luck getting a tune. the best i have gotten is a custom tune from a guy who dont want to do any more for the 3.2L cause of the difficulty level
i can get these results
___________stock______tuned____difference
Power______164 kW____179 kW___15 kW
___________223 hp_____243 hp____20 hp
torque______298 Nm____436 Nm___138 Nm
Topspeed___238 km/h___228 km/h__-10 km/h

for 500 euros.
haven't done it, cause it's sounds shady....

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
tutter...im sorry, i didnt realize you were talking about the 3.2L. and yes, you being outside the USA, you can get a good tune for the 3.2L. it is just here in the states, nobody wants to mess with the Opel engine...

·
Registered
CTS 3.2
196 Posts
tutter...im sorry, i didnt realize you were talking about the 3.2L. and yes, you being outside the USA, you can get a good tune for the 3.2L. it is just here in the states, nobody wants to mess with the Opel engine...
no worries.. but anyway, good tune? i gain HP and TQ, yet i lose 10kmh of my top speed, and there's no data available for the 0-100 figures...
sounds like non-optimal peaky figures..

i'll see if i can have a talk with them, and have a look at their HP and TQ curves...

if they won't it's a fraud, as i would actually pay 500 euros for a 138Nm increase..

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
There is always a price (beyond the tuner's cost) for a tune. Think about it. There is a reason GM did not tune the engine for more power than they did.

And those chips are snake oil. They always have been and always will be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts