Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Left turn signal not working

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DMB38 
#1 ·
Hello can anyone help. I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS. My left turn signal will not come on at all. The outside front & back does not work, the inside instrument panel does not show indicator and hazard lights only work for right side. I have put on new headlights did not fix it, I put on new fog lights did not fix it, I put on a new turn signal switch today that did not fix it, the fuses are good checked them many times and the bulbs are good, I have even swapped the rear turn signal bulbs out did not fix it. Right side works like a charm.

#2 ·
When you use the 4-way flasher, what happens?

The next item to replace would be the “flasher” itself. It’s located behind the dash. You’ll have to remove the footwell kickboard, there is a light located on it. I believe it’s 3 screws at the leading edge and 2 thumbnuts at the most forward part. Don’t forget to unplug the light.

Turn on the 4-way flasher to help you locate the flasher box. Try to reset the cables on it. If it doesn’t work, then replace the box.

KOT

#3 ·
Hello. When I turn on the hazard lights, I only get the right side working and not the left side. Left side turn signal/ hazard light is dead. My daytime running lights looks to be the same as the turn signal/ hazard lights. They work but the left side occasionally will disappear every now and then, like it may be a short in the wire somewhere. I have not looked at the flasher yet but will be doing that now. I will update you after I try to check/replace.

#4 ·
I finally was able to locate the flasher box. It sits right behind and above the OBDII car scanner port. I tried resetting it but it didn’t change anything. The parts store will have it $30 part here by 3:00 p. m. tomorrow (Tuesday). It will take less than 2 minutes to put on. As soon as I get it, I will let you know if this finally fixed my problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.