Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 SLS Drivers Side A/C Blows 195 degrees. Before I posted my 1st question I failed to mention what I ment by HOT AIR LOL! I added 1 can of freon, The result was B1324 over pressurization followed by relief opening on compressor venting the excess. I relize the advise of others without full disclosure of my problem resulted in this and is totally my fault.
So now after hooking up a way cool OBDII Reader I was able to see the left temp door will not repond to the comands. Left temp door comand 4.00v Left temp door actual .98V.
Look like I have a problem with the left temp door actuator. Anyone ever change one? How do I get to it? Also what do the mean by Recalibrate the door with an OBDII scan tool?

Thanks
Steven

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,064 Posts
You don't/didn't need a code reader. It's all built into the car already. Look at the top of the main pages for the sticky threads "How to pull codes". You want the OBD-II code sequence and descriptions.

After replacement of the air divertor door stepper motor/actuator in or near the area in front of the glove box or down next to the console, behind the passenger carpet kick panel, there's a "learn" sequence performed by a dealer Tech-II tool, a handy $4,500 item. (You probably won't need to do a relearn - few do.)

·
Registered
2003 SLS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't/didn't need a code reader. It's all built into the car already. Look at the top of the main pages for the sticky threads "How to pull codes". You want the OBD-II code sequence and descriptions.)
I know how to pull the codes. I had no trouble codes when I looked for codes.That sticky was great help! What I was able to do with the scan tool was read the comand and actual voltage of the servo motor.(Kind of like rigging sensor values on a 737. Guess what I do for a living ?)

The door is not moving and not showing a code so It's not hitting the limit switch if ther is one or isn't connected electrically to provide feedback to the system. I'm hoping that the servo motor is disconected. I'm thinking this is a long shot but I had the blower motor replaced a while back. Maybe just maybe they didn't secure the conector when they put it back togther.

I guess I can trim the servo with the scan tool by checking the comand and actual voltage and adjusting or triming the motor for proper shaft placement for comand. I'll be checking this before close up so I won't have to open it back up.
Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts