Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Has anyone installed Led's in their overhead map light housing? If so, was it just a mater of taking a flat head screw driver and prying each of the four corners of the housing loose? (CAR FAQ) Also, if you have happen to have already completed this upgrade, would you have an idea of where I could get some visual illistrations of the upgrade?
Thanks......

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
274 Posts
very very easy.
stick a flat head screwdriver on one side and get your fingers in there and pull.
it's going to make a horrible noise but don't worry...I pulled mine 3 times already.
the bulb type is 194...

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I did this also, and although the LEDs look excellent in there, the plastic thing doesn't click back in as good as it used to. It's a little loose. Looking at how it connects to the clamps, nothing has broken, it's just loose. Oh well, I can live with it. Not noticeable at all.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
69 Posts
I bought led's for the triangle lights and wanted to see how they looked in the map light housing but I couldn't get the bulb out of the yellow holder. Is there a special trick?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
I bought led's for the triangle lights and wanted to see how they looked in the map light housing but I couldn't get the bulb out of the yellow holder. Is there a special trick?
What do u mean holder? Do you mean the actual electrical housing plug? If you do, just pull it out. There is no trick or anything, just pull.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
69 Posts
The yellow thing that twists out from the housing. I pulled and pulled on the bulb but it would come out. Maybe the plastic is melted onto the bulb a little bit.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
The yellow thing that twists out from the housing. I pulled and pulled on the bulb but it would come out. Maybe the plastic is melted onto the bulb a little bit.
humm... If i remember correctly I just twisted and pulled... My car only had about 1000 miles on it when I did it. I highly doubt the plastic has melted together on your car tho.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
um as i remember..
u pull the console thing down (release from clips)...
then you have to TWIST the yellow things (turn clockwise/counter clockwise) to get them out ... next, you should be able to just pull them out easily, but if this doesnt work, try keeping them out until they are cooled off..
then try again...

if that doesnt work, try using something like "magic grip" (the jar opener stuff) and that should let u pull it out with ease (i use it all the time for stuff thats jammed and i cant pull it out or whatever).

look something like this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts