Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of replacing incandescents with LED. Not much to report, but thought I would mention that the Sylvania Zevo lights don't really seem to be any better than the 20/$10 Ebay lights. I had a bunch of the cheap ones already, so I installed what I had, then decided to order the Zevo 2845/194/168 LEDs. After getting the Zevos, I'm just going to continue putting in the cheap ones. The 3157 for the reverse lights do seem nice, but again, I can't say I find them inherently better than the cheap ones with 5000 little LEDs surrounding a core.

I want to upgrade the front turn signals, but may not. I will wait until it warms up and I get around to replacing the high beams with new bulbs. Then I'll try different LED types and see which give the best output and pattern. If none look good, then I'll stick with the 3757s.

Eventually, I think I want to upgrade to LED headlights since they seem to have better output. Headlight Revolution has reviewed many bulbs in different housings, but of course, the SRX isn't one of them. When I have time, I want to call them and see what their data shows for other 9005 and 9006 projectors. Anybody have any info of their own they want to share?

Dave

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
186 Posts
For the headlight, i have try led :
AUXBEAM F16-9005 30W 3000lm 6000K
Impossible to set correctly the deep, and the driving light beam is not good (good for the side but after 40meters no light...).
I have change driving to fog, it is the same, the beam is not good and lighting the star...

·
Registered
2007 SRX AWD
73 Posts
My car has had higher output headlights installed but I don't think they are LED's, just really bright white lights. My experience with LED's has been that they are very bright to look at but they don't really illuminate very well. I have a little flashlight that I can't stand to look at it's so bright but it won't let me find my keys when I drop them haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They certainly are brighter to look at. The color of the light does impact whether they are perceived to light the way better. I often compare my headlights to those of vehicles passing me, and have long lamented how much better their lights lit up the roadway than mine. This car is better than my truck or the old 626, but it's still not very bright. Strangely, turning on the foglights, while making the area directly in front of the car much brighter, seems to make it harder to see farther out because of the contrast.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the headlight, i have try led :
AUXBEAM F16-9005 30W 3000lm 6000K
Impossible to set correctly the deep, and the driving light beam is not good (good for the side but after 40meters no light...).
I have change driving to fog, it is the same, the beam is not good and lighting the star...
Did you have any trouble fitting the LED bulbs in the housing? It doesn't seem like there's a lot of room in there. I guess it helps that the LED sockets are usually right angle.

·
Registered
EU - SRX 2004 N* (with autogaz system) AWD, 7seat, trailer hitch westfalia.
186 Posts
No problems, the fan/cooler in rear of LED is just as the good size !

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
393 Posts
"No problems, the fan/cooler in rear of LED"...

Hmm, that was my concern, some part of it sticking out/unable to seal the housing.
They will cool enough sealed up? I don't have a clue how hot they get...haha
May be time for another search...

·
2004 Deville base
393 Posts
YEP!
This site has about 10,000 choices, I've watched it grow from little more than a scam. There are some that 'look' like they 'might' fit. Then there are the 'no standard' specs, 1 bulb or 2, 1500lm or 6000lm, 20/40/50w, kit or ?? ,,,bla,blabla, blabla.
Buyer beware. As a point of reference, NOT a recommend.
See housing price before jacking it up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have watched a couple videos that talk about LED headlights and some of the common issues, such as poor LED shape and placement., vs the filament. Based on that, I can see why those used by Alucard perform poorly. It's an expensive upgrade so I will wait until I get more info, or can talk to an "expert" like Headlight Revolution or the other place I read about.

Dave

·
2004 Deville base
393 Posts
Yep! watched this some time ago, got me started...then, seeing cheap was not going to be ok, and bigger cost might be a crapshoot...just put it on backburner. Leaks/creaks/a new cracked windshield from sitting? well f it. It'll wait.
Good info, guy seems upfront.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts