Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

put some "error free" LED White 12272NA in my turn signals, and of course I have hyper flash now.

On my FR-S, it was as simple as changing it out for a new flasher relay module, using TapTurn. Of course, it does not work with american vehicles.

Do I have to add load resistors, or is there a new flasher relay or module?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I added 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors to each side of my turn signal circuit. I hit the flasher, and it flashes normally 3 times, then hyper flashes. What gives? I added LED white turn signals to my headlights.

·
Registered
2012 V Coupe Black Raven, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe Black Raven, 2010 CTS Premium Sedan
176 Posts
2 years later and still NO LED turn signal bulb answer! Arrrrgh!!

·
Vendor
449 Posts
Hi there, let me clarify something for you at this point. The older vehicles that come equipped with the regular halogen bulbs from the factory sometimes do not recognize the LEDs, hence flickering or bulb out error. Some LED bulbs come equipped with the can-bus and load resistors. Some less expensive bulbs don't feature those resistors, hence problem. There is a way out for those, who are sure they want to have LEDs there. There is an option of wiring a load resistor right into the chain. This will eliminate the problem with resistance for every specific wire and LED bulb the wire goes to. Here is the link to teh resistor I was talking about: Lumen® - LED Load Resistors, and here is an instruction on how these resistors are wired in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts