Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm: Here we go.

I am preparing to do the LED DIY on the Head Light on the 18th. Could someone tell me how I would be able to create a quick disconnect in the wiring and hook the wiring up to the side marker module? :prettyplease:

Is this even possible?

I want to connect the LED Strip to the turning signal but don't want to run into problems when I or someone else has to remove the headlights or bumper.

**oh yeah, I don't have experience with wiring**:shhh::shhh:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
wire taps???

·
Registered
Raven Black '05 CTS
4 Posts
Just crimp in wire taps like stated above. All you need is 1 male and 1 female connector for each wire used. i.e. if you have a positive and negative wire for the led's then you will need 2 females and 2 males.

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks. I will look for Wire taps today. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The LED strip from Onzium.com has power and ground. So i should only need one.

Next question. How to i connect it to the side marker module/wiring?

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
You'll need two, one for the hot and one for the ground. Look for the wires on the side marker and tap into them. You will have to remove the front wheel wells to get at them, it's not hard, just remove the plastic rivets.

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. Will post pics on the 18th

·
Registered
CTS 05
716 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
defiantly going to use your write up. don't want to use the fuse though. I want to use the wiring for the side marker light or the parking lamp. N E suggestions???

**Waiting for the fog lights to cure*** :D

hoping to prep the wiring now before I have to put them back in. :suspense:r

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Consider converting the Fogs to HIDs while they are out, 4000 - 6000k. That will give you plenty of light.

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have priorities :alchi::alchi: so I can't buy everything at once :D. I have to wait till after I move for that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts