Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I checked the FAQ on how to get to the headlights.
Awesome!
I went to toss some LEDs in my parking lights yesterday. I took off the bumper, which took me like 3 hours. :thepan:
I didn't have a jack, but am impatient and determined. Well I got it off and then I removed the headlamp assembly and got to the lights. What in gods name is that triangle piece in the headlamp assembly? I thought it was just for aesthetics but it has a piston (or somthing) on it.

Anyways, the bumper was almost as hard to put back on. When I put it back and started putting the little piece of shit plastic things back in, I noticed the bottom cap to the headlights was lying on the ground beside me. I thought to myself, "****, I forgot to put it back!" So since I am also lazy, I just reached my hand up through behind the bumper through the tire area and BAM. It was completely accessible and I put it back.
So I realized I didn't have to take anything off other than the plastic pieces next to the wheels. Somebody should put that in the FAQ!!!!

I cant wait to clean my car this weekend to find out how much I actually scratched my car doing this shit to it lol.:helpless:

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
I hope your joking about removing the bumper. It has been posted many times here as recently as 1 or 2 months ago how to get to the triangle lights through wheel well acess and no bumper removal necesary.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
I believe that triangle thing (with the piston) is the headlamp washer. I've never seen it in action but apparently that is what it is...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It just pops out and sprays. With your headlights on, have someone turn on the windshield wiper fluid for you. You'll see it do it's thing.

Psst. If you know the proper sequence of next steps to execute, you can fully complete the Decepticon transformation of your V, son. Or Autobot. Whatever. Either way you choose, you're still a geek.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V (long gone), 2016 CT6
315 Posts
Your headlights have to be on for the headlamp washers to pop out. I was shocked when I found them troubleshooting a leak in the lines for the windshield nozzles...I'm in my garage and fired the sprayers and couldn't figure out why the whole front of the car was getting wet...had the neighbor come over and push the button for the washers and almost shit myself when the headlight nozzles popped out and sprayed the lights...their quite powerful!

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,717 Posts
How many Winterfest brewskies were down at that moment?! :)

Norm

Your headlights have to be on for the headlamp washers to pop out. I was shocked when I found them troubleshooting a leak in the lines for the windshield nozzles...I'm in my garage and fired the sprayers and couldn't figure out why the whole front of the car was getting wet...had the neighbor come over and push the button for the washers and almost shit myself when the headlight nozzles popped out and sprayed the lights...their quite powerful!

·
Registered
None
149 Posts
LED corner headlight bulb question

Ok i have searched on here about how to replace the buld i just wanted to know where is the best place to buy the bulb from and exactly what led bulb to use? I have seen some that have multiple led's and others that just have one led.

Thanks

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
99 Posts
Re: LED corner headlight bulb question

they were easy to install. just go thru the bottom (wheel well). unscrew that plastic cap and reach in there. it's not hard at all.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
224 Posts

they were easy to install. just go thru the bottom (wheel well). unscrew that plastic cap and reach in there. it's not hard at all.
Thanks for the info. Yours looks great and it got me motivated to finally switch mine out. I ordered a bunch of led's for mine and will get them put in this weekend. Now i've just got to get around to changing out the fog lights for a clear set.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

i went with these. i chose the blue ones and they are super brite! i was shocked! here's a pic.

http://superbrightleds.com/specs/WLED-xHP5.htm
Did you change out your headlight bulbs as well? It seems your corner lights will over power the headlights...meaning really stand out when the lights are on. I kinda like all the lights to match or blend in myself. Just curious.

·
Registered
2005 cts-v
99 Posts

Did you change out your headlight bulbs as well? It seems your corner lights will over power the headlights...meaning really stand out when the lights are on. I kinda like all the lights to match or blend in myself. Just curious.
the headlights i left alone. i did clear the fogs and put HID's in there. yes, they do stand out but i'm ok with it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts