Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have the LED headlights in the 2011 Platium edition ?
They say it's a step up from the HID's.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,469 Posts
Any body have the LED headlights in the 2011 Platium edition ?
They say it's a step up from the HID's.
I have them in my 2010. I heard that they arent as bright as the HID in the non Platinum versions. Nonetheless, I love mine and think they look and work great.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks aren;t my concern, it's how much light is on the road is what is important to me.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Looks aren;t my concern, it's how much light is on the road is what is important to me.
I have two (2010) standard Escalade's and one (2011) platinum, the LED's seem brighter close to the truck, the HID's throw more light down the road, there are no street lights in the wilderness where we live in NY and the HID's do a better job at lighting up more IMO

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is a great review.... Chevy and Caddy do some STUPID things. We live in NY too. But do drive upstate where there is wilderness.
The Chevy's only have Halogens.
The Caddy.... welll, we know about.

I bet you grab the 2010 for night time driving...

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
that is a great review.... Chevy and Caddy do some STUPID things. We live in NY too. But do drive upstate where there is wilderness.
The Chevy's only have Halogens.
The Caddy.... welll, we know about.

I bet you grab the 2010 for night time driving...
Yes kills me you can't get HID's in a Tahoe from the factory, that was why after 6 Suburban's I switched to Escalade's in 2003, the standard HID's helped me make that choice. I was one of the first to put aftermakert HID's in a Suburban, I just needed more light because we would always drive at night from PA to upstate NY, were you can drive hours without seeing another cars lights. The platinum is sitting in the garage in NY because I had to drive someone's truck back who hurt their back falling down their stairs. :bigroll: Headed back for more fun tomorrow. :)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,469 Posts
The Platinum is more than just LED head lamps. I understand certain situations can dictate certain actions, but the LED head lamps are more than sufficient. I would highly encourage you to see a Platinum edition in person before you decide not to purchase one. I love mine and certainly wouldn't give it up for a Luxury edition.

This is my response from another post, it applies here as well. Ive never had HID head lamps so I dont have anything to compare. These LED lamps are a step up from probably most other lights. Comparing them to HIDs, thats debatable......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts