Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stunned to know that a simple replacement of headlamps or the daytime running light requires the removal of the front bumper cover. Can anyone suggest LED options for these as I'm having the bumper cover repainted which will require its removal.

·
Registered
66DeVille Vert 76Coupe Delegance 07Escalade ESV 96Fleetwood 83Coupe Deville 70Calais
661 Posts
Look up 5202 white led on ebay there will be a 100 different styles. I tried the cheap ones and they were purplish and not bright during the day. I got these exact ones http://m.ebay.com/itm/201253559604?nav=SEARCH and they are great. Great white color like the luxury cars have and bright enough during the day like the stocks. And have lasted since last fall so far.

Also you do not need to remove the bumper. 2 top bolts and one bottom can be got from the wheel well, pop off a couple retainers on the wheel well and 7mm screws and you can get to the headlight bolt. Then remove the radiator top cover and remove all top grille bolts. That gives enough room for the headlights to completely come out.

·
Registered
escalade
137 Posts
Takes 10 min to pull the headlights. no need to pull bumper. watch out what kind of LED's you get. I put LED DRL's in mine and the glue that holds them together smoked the inside of my headlights. That was 1000$ mistake. I know use piaa DRL's and parking lights. The light output looks awesome....

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
136 Posts
Im running 15W Samsung 2323 LEDs. They match my 5500K Yeaky HIDs perfectly. I used to run 50W CREE but they are a 6000K rating and did not match my HIDs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the subject of replacement LED daytime running lights - I am searching for LED bulbs to replace the DRL's in my 2011 Escalade. I recently
replaced the 194 bulbs (top bulb of headlight stack) as well as the H-10 fog lights with LED's. Problem I discovered is that the bulbs must be
CAN-bus compatible - Otherwise, they will flicker once they get hot. Since replacing the other bulbs with the LED's, and the main headlights are
HID, I now notice that my DRL's look very dull by comparison. My problem is that I cannot seem to find a 5201 (or 5202) LED bulb that is CAN-
bus compatible. I have searched a number of sites (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) and have also contacted a number of vendors, but no one seems to be
able to provide an LED bulb that is CAN-bus........and I really don't want to start splicing CAN-bus resistors into the wires - I would rather just buy
a CAN-bus compatible bulb. Any one know of a bulb that will work, and where I can get it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regarding Mike's response with link to vleds.com - Does anyone know whether DRL's actually require CAN-bus compatible bulbs? When I checked this link to vleds, the DRL's offered are not CAN-bus. I'm wondering if they will flicker in my 2011 Escalade, as the 194 and H-10's did (which were not CAN-bus). Any other input would be great.

Mike - Have you experienced any flickering with these DRL LED's from vleds.com?

Any other input or advice out there? For those who are using LED DRL's, are they CAN-bus compatible bulbs, or are you running with resistors. If neither,
do the lights "flicker", or do you get an error message in your instrument cluster? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts