Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to replace a burnt out LED bulb in the headlamp corner and the bulb came out of the socket and now its stuck in there. I can't get the sucker out! I think its going to be a permanent loner. Any suggestions (or sympathy)?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Is it actually stuck? Or is it loose to where you can move the housing around to try to get it to fall out?

If it's loose enough, try grabbing some long and thin needle nose pliers. You could bring it down to a local repair shop and ask one of the guys if they have that type of needle nose and try it yourself. Heck, they might be nice enough and do it for you. Of course if you are nice enough, it will be free.

KOT

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
You might have to take the headlight off and shake it out of there.
There probably isn't a way to get something in and grab it, mechanical fingers might work?

·
Registered
2017 ATS V
269 Posts
The same thing happend to me, I work in a hospital and used a pair of curved hemostats, kelleys or clamps to pull them out. If you know someone that works in a hospital, im sure the can get you one. If not try a pharmacy or medical store.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
The same thing happend to me, I work in a hospital and used a pair of curved hemostats, kelleys or clamps to pull them out. If you know someone that works in a hospital, im sure the can get you one. If not try a pharmacy or medical store.
Make sure that I don't go to your hospital. But there again, the hemostat was used on a Cadillac before it was used on me....

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
i had this happen to me. without taking the bumper off to remove the headlight, i managed to use a long, skinny piece of mental with a hook on the end of it and needle nose pliers together to get it out.

trust me, it was very difficult but i got it. you will have much better luck taking out the headlight. unless you're REALLY good with your hands in tight spots!

·
Registered
Cadillac
62 Posts
same thing almost happened to me..i had leds a bit larger then the hole..almost tried to force them through..but then I thought it out and what could have happened..which in this case happened to you..hopefully yours just fell in rather then you trying to force them through fallin in..no way of forcing back out..bwar of luck!

·
Registered
CTS
73 Posts
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago... I held a thin magnet in where the bulb goes and the bulb that was stuck clung to it then I pulled it out.

It wasn't very hard.

Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts