Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He predicts victory in Iraq — which he calls the site of “the greatest battle of Islam in this era” — but insists that it is only the first stage of a campaign across the Arab world. He sets out how an Islamic Caliphate must be established in Iraq and then the war taken to neighbouring Syria, from there to Lebanon, then Egypt and finally a battle to destroy Israel.

He considers a clash between Sunni and Shia Islam inevitable but questions the wisdom of bombing Shia targets and reminds al-Zarqawi that half of the battle against America is being fought through the media.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Gas prices are just one aspect that may get worse if my theory on something turns out to be correct. Civil War in Iraq! The Shia are revolting because they feel they got a bum deal and it doesn't look to me like ANYONE is going to really be able to get the oil from Iraq anytime soon. And as if the New Orleans situation didn't hit this industry hard enough, what IF the Civil war carries over into Saudi Arabia??!! I predict it may. The same religious fundamentalist groups that are in Iraq are in SA, and they likely would fight to the death just as in Iraq! So then the oil supply would be limited in SA and Iraq! Forget about getting Saudi Oil basically.

If this come to see light, we will be paying a heck of a lot MORE for gas in the next few years or so, or permanantly. Hopefuly there won't be Civil War, but it's starting to look like there may be.

So even if the U.S. leaves, it doesn't seem to matter much now because the Shia are pissed off, and the framework is set for a bad worldwide scenario IMO.

Take it as you like, but it is another concern for Iraq because it may lead to much much more, and no media has considered this that I have heard...not the Saudi possibility of civil War that is.....

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
He predicts victory in Iraq — which he calls the site of “the greatest battle of Islam in this era” — but insists that it is only the first stage of a campaign across the Arab world. He sets out how an Islamic Caliphate must be established in Iraq and then the war taken to neighbouring Syria, from there to Lebanon, then Egypt and finally a battle to destroy Israel.

He considers a clash between Sunni and Shia Islam inevitable but questions the wisdom of bombing Shia targets and reminds al-Zarqawi that half of the battle against America is being fought through the media.
Who the heck is "He"?
You throw this out ,why?
What is your point?

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
airbalancer said:
Who the heck is "He"?
Sorry, I didn't realize that people don't follow these links to get more information. ;)

According to the Pentagon, the strategy is set out in a 6,000-word letter sent by Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s deputy, to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, head of al-Qaeda in Iraq, in July.

airbalancer said:
You throw this out ,why?
So the average person who doesn't read news links will see what the enemy has planned for the future.

airbalancer said:
What is your point?
(Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s deputy) sets out how an Islamic Caliphate must be established in Iraq and then the war taken to neighbouring Syria, from there to Lebanon, then Egypt and finally a battle to destroy Israel.

My point? Let's see, defeat in Iraq is not an option unless we want a larger war in the middle east?

S

·
0 Posts
airbalancer said:
Who the heck is "He"?
You throw this out ,why?
What is your point?

HRS trolls in the hopes of getting his opposition to throw an emotional temper tantrum for his entertainment and then finally give up and leave so he can declare "victory". The internet has been around for years now and clear patterns emerge on BBS boards. Asking a logical question to HRS is like asking an ethical question to a Republican....you're speaking a foreign language to them and they cannot understand.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
Sorry, I didn't realize that people don't follow these links to get more information.
My point? Let's see, defeat in Iraq is not an option unless we want a larger war in the middle east?
Give your point followed by a link then I may read the link,
but to throw a link out there without your point of view is useless

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
airbalancer said:
You didn't understand the post because HRS didn't give HIS point of the post?:nono: God forbid that someone provide the info for you to make your OWN decision.

HRS, shame on you for expecting these people to read and think for themselves.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
airbalancer said:
My point was made in the title, "LEAVE IRAQ? ONLY IF WE ARE STUPID!! :yup:

The post, with it's provided link, was for people to see why I think it would be stupid to leave Iraq. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
HotRodSaint